Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so i just took out the silencer on my intake underneith my air box and sounds great. But i would like to replace the filter and air box with a cone filter of some kind. But my MAF sensor adapter is built right into the Air box. So therefore i need to find someway to do this.. Where could i snag a Adapter on some tubing ? anyone got any ideas how i could set this up. Please include some details about the best way to do this..

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yeah man deff go to AutoZone and order that one i use it too and what even better comes the velocity adaptors so you dnt have to worry for cel codes of anytipe

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Yep i have seen them there before. Go for that.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hey men where did you get those letters on the suport??? ME LIKE

·
Registered
86 Posts
At the autozone near me they sold adapters that you could install your MAF sensor into. It is just a matter of unscrewing the MAF sensor out of your Air box and screwing it into the Adapter. Spectre Performance - Official Site
They make that you can just bolt on? The store near me had one but it was not even close. BUT, after some filing, some plastic added and more cleaning up. I think I have it.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Hey men where did you get those letters on the suport??? ME LIKE
Lol those are the old emblems off of my Cavalier... just painted them
-----Added 28 Mar 2009 at 12:29:22-----
They make that you can just bolt on? The store near me had one but it was not even close. BUT, after some filing, some plastic added and more cleaning up. I think I have it.
you shouldn't have to mess with it, It should screw in nicely... mine did atleast.

·
Registered
96 Posts
there is one thing i found with this MAF adaptor: since the sensor is calibrate to a certain air intake some Cobalt throw you a cell, this is where the velocity tubes comes in (included with the kit)

If it throws a cell like "p0171, system too lean" it means that the MAF sensor its getting too much air in, thats when you gotta put a smaller velocity tube.

Of it throws you a cell like "p0172, system too rich" it mean you put a tube too small, change it to a bigger one.

I hope its not too hard to understand what i'm trying to explain.

BTW here is my intake.....

Someone gave me as a gift one of those E-superchargers... i just put it in (ahh what the heck...) it doesnt really do anything... when you turn it on it givis an almost unnoticiable change....

·
Registered
86 Posts
Ok, so like I said. make a round hole square. use a fair amount of plastic, and NOOO problems. I have about 60 bucks and 3 hours wrapped into mine. Its a nice improvement.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Ok, so like I said. make a round hole square. use a fair amount of plastic, and NOOO problems. I have about 60 bucks and 3 hours wrapped into mine. Its a nice improvement.
Well thats cool you made it work, but you my friend bought the wrong adapter!

·
Registered
96 Posts
HEHE yeah ive been thinking in taking it off..... hehe i know that ricer thingy looks funny

·
Registered
86 Posts
Well thats cool you made it work, but you my friend bought the wrong adapter!
Yeah I probably should have taken it back, but that was the third trip to the store and I decided I was going to make this work with what I had in my garage. Also, they did not have any other adapters. Oh the joy of living out in the sticks.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yeah I probably should have taken it back, but that was the third trip to the store and I decided I was going to make this work with what I had in my garage. Also, they did not have any other adapters. Oh the joy of living out in the sticks.
I know in alot of stores that adaptor is only by special order but u dnt have to pay the shipping

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.