Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I’m swapping a fresh turbo motor into my 07 ls cobalt and i was wondering what all you turbo swapped guys do about your MAF sensor, do I need to re install a place for it before my turbo or is there a way to delete it and get the info from the MAP sensor instead?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
You can't delete the MAF if you're going to keep the OEM ECM and you are going to need a new tune flashed . Hope you also pulled the harness from that engine to ECM.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m running a stock ECU but it’s going to be using HP tuners for a tune, is that sufficient or will I still need to run the MAF?

·
Registered
66 Posts
you still need the maf sensor because the iat1 sensor is integrated into it so unless your going to make a custom fitting to install a stand alone iat1 sensor somewhere and wire it in - just be easier to keep the maf but you can disable it with hptuners and run speed density only still but you need that iat1 for fueling calculations

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you still need the maf sensor because the iat1 sensor is integrated into it so unless your going to make a custom fitting to install a stand alone iat1 sensor somewhere and wire it in - just be easier to keep the maf but you can disable it with hptuners and run speed density only still but you need that iat1 for fueling calculations

Thanks for the info

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.