Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats a good sounding muffler for my 06 ss/sc, tired of the stock no rummble exhaust but dont have moeny for header and dp

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
EBay Option Racing Catback.

Borla Pro XS.

Gain some power, spend about $200.

/done.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
It sounds like crap.

That's why I told you to get a different muffler.

GO RESEARCH.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I did research I looked and listen to the muffler u stated and idk that and the magnaflow have like a ricer sound to it but idk if it's my phone speaker and maybe they sound different in person so that's why I asked. I don't know any one with a cobalt ss that has and exhaust so I can listen to so I really don't know

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
i think all exhaust sound different in person than in video

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ya I looked on youtube at the borla u mentioned, and I was just comparing it to a magnaflow that's all. I don't wanna be stuck with one I don't like the sound of that's why I'd ask because I know most of you guys have heard multiple exhausts

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
lol, not a lot of money.

It's not cheap for what you're getting, either.
Cheap is a subjective term. If you live under a bridge, $500 might seem like a princely sum. I'm all for saving money, but why would you only do half a job? While you're under the car, you might as well maximize your time and gains by installing the full kit instead of a piece at a time. That's my opinion, you don't have to take it.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Because it took me half an hour to install the catback? I don't see a header/DP install taking shorter or equal time.

And it was less than half of what a header combo from ZZP was?

And I could get a shorty header and use the SS/SC downpipe...and probably only be a few WHP~ off of the full $500 combo...and not even break 500 bones....that's all.

And you'd still be rocking a stock catback...

I just like to put my money towards useable business...if it's proven to work for cheaper, why not?

Plus, I like my underI70bridgespot :)

BTW, here's a link to my vids...VERY mild exhaust note, no drone at all.

Muffler has broken in since, that was like the day after install. So...it's got a BIT louder, not hardly at all. Nice burble at idle/decel as well. No rasp or popping either.

http://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/engine-mods/37241-catback-intake-vids.html

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
i love my burble at decel, makes me happy inside

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
Because it took me half an hour to install the catback? I don't see a header/DP install taking shorter or equal time.

And it was less than half of what a header combo from ZZP was?

And I could get a shorty header and use the SS/SC downpipe...and probably only be a few WHP~ off of the full $500 combo...and not even break 500 bones....that's all.

And you'd still be rocking a stock catback...

I just like to put my money towards useable business...if it's proven to work for cheaper, why not?

Plus, I like my underI70bridgespot :)

BTW, here's a link to my vids...VERY mild exhaust note, no drone at all.

Muffler has broken in since, that was like the day after install. So...it's got a BIT louder, not hardly at all. Nice burble at idle/decel as well. No rasp or popping either.

http://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/engine-mods/37241-catback-intake-vids.html
Two different philosophies, neither of which are wrong. Personally speaking, I don't like the idea of cheap-o frankenstein parts in my car. But I guess our relationship is a bit different then most cars and drivers.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Not enough to compare really, since any noise the blower makes will drown out most of any noise at WOT.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.