Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking about selling my other car(65 mustang) since its not running and putting the money into the coby(2.2). My question is about how much would a good turbo kit, upgraded internals, and full bolt ons to go with it cost?

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Roughly 3500 for a good turbo kit..(you could do it cheaper piecing one together) custom exhaust about 300, and most other bolt on's are a waste if your going FI.

I'm sure others will chime in on this.. I don't really know prices on internals

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Internals are quite costy actually , and there are a few brands of 3 in exhaust out here for you also check into a tune for your car.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
and youll put all that money into it and get maybe 200whp out of a 2.2 =\

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
and be missing out the value of a vintage car being 44 years old

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
and youll put all that money into it and get maybe 200whp out of a 2.2 =\
Umm.. no... you'll get a lot more than 200 whp with a turbo kit.. especially doing internals.. which means you can pump up the boost. He could easily see 300whp..

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
yeah youll def see more the 200whp with a turbo, internals and bolt ons, and of course a tune.

like daman said roughly $3500 for a turbo kit or cheaper if you know someone that can help you piece one together

and to build a block with good internals and machine work your looking around $4000. then to get the most out of it your gunna need to have the head ported and polished, replace the internals in that, and have a valve job. easily another $2000. then whatever your bolt ons would add up to

with all that you should have a pretty beastly 2.2

but i will throw this out there. although doing internals is the overall best way you can add f/i without touching them. you just cant run high boost. no more then like 10 or 12 psi

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
anyone remember mcruley? he had a 2.2 with turbo and bolt ons and a tune. he made 203 whp.....

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone
I havent decided to do this, just wondering about it.
I was guessing Id get around 280 hp with turbo, exhaust, injectors, and so on...
About how much would a turbo be pieced?

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
anyone remember mcruley? he had a 2.2 with turbo and bolt ons and a tune. he made 203 whp.....

just as daman said. he had a turbo and couple bolt ons and a tune. thats not that aggressive. you could easily push more then he is/was.

besides that guy was more into the looks of his car. if he had some more bolt ons and atleast ported his head and had a valve job he wouldve been alot higher then 203whp. not to mention he ad a 4 door.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.