Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

I cut out the old top of the air box cover. Make sure to keep it round and keep sensor part. Then put Air filter on and your good to go.. when you rev the engine you can here the suction of more air and you can feel the power.

·
Registered
931 Posts
i did something like this to my old 2.8 trans am.. since NOONE made an intake kit for it.. but i ran it into the bumper... was LOUD AS HELL... loved it im not so sure it added ne power tho...

·
Registered
45 Posts
if u buy a plastic Spectra MAF sensor peice and add filter would that work or would it need more space, if u run flex tube to the lower panel under the headlight and add filter would that work too?
i wanna do a cheap easy intake but so far i removed the Air Silencer and thinking of upgrading my airbox from AcDelco filter to a stock size OEM style K&N high flow and call it done, or buy a cone filter and do sorta what Clutchfoot did on his but i want my stock air stuff to put back on it i go to sell someday.
What should i do ?

·
Registered
273 Posts
more like a hot air intake. I'd buy a injen or anything really before I did that.

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
Was thinkingof this too but the I saw those k/n high flow air filters but I cant find them here in hawaii and no one ships here :(

·
Registered
19 Posts
this is what is called "the airbox mod" a cheap short ram solution..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.