Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont have the 40 bucks to buy blue headlight bulbs so I was wondering If i could simply spray them with some kind of blue paint/metalcast and maybe it would work, or would tht damage the bulb with the chemicals? Has anyone done this...if so pics?

·
Registered
136 Posts
If you did this, I don't think they would glow blue. They would only look blue when turned off. I have Silverstars in my corner lenses that are colored silver but blink orange.

·
Registered
117 Posts
The problem with that is they get VERY hot. I've painted bulbs before with blue and it burned the paint, ended up lookin kinda off green when it was done.

Try Ebay, you can usually get a set of the cheaper brand bulbs that are still very bright for around 5 - 10 bucks shipping and all.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Ill try that!

·
Registered
136 Posts
The only problem with cheap bulbs is the life of them. I even had Silverstars in my projectors and they only lasted about 2-3 months. Be prepared to change them out on a constant basis.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Not always true. last ones i had lasted about a year and a half before the first went out. Just be sure you don't touch the bulb with your bare skin though, the oils from your skin will cause them to break or burn out in a short period of time. I always hook them up then wipe them down first with a cloth before installing them.

·
Registered
159 Posts
One of the managers at work bought HID's off the internet. I'm not a big fan of the $90 HID's but they look good for being eBay headlights. I'm thinking of getting those for my 'balt. But the only way to get the "blue" look is only with HID's not the Silverstar or Silverstar Ultra's, they just shine a brighter white. Plus the price for Silverstar Ultra's are about $50 and the regular Silverstars are $40 and this is for the twin pack. You can get lucky and get them on sale at Advance cuz we just had a sale on them last month...25% off price. So you could get them for $28 for reg Silverstars and $35 for the Ultra's.

·
Registered
236 Posts
i bought a set of streetglow bulbs from the shop my step-father works at. they cost me about $20 and they're a noticeable blue...

kinda of a bad shot but still, they're blue! oh and they're pretty bright too. i put them in two days after i bought the car, almost 7 months later and haven't had a plroblem ;)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
how much and were?

·
Registered
236 Posts
i paid about $20 for them. my stepfather is a mechanic so i bought them at the shop he works at. i don't think i've seen them anywhere else. here's the streetglow site though. hope that helps ;)

·
Registered
268 Posts
how do i remove the headlight bulb i have a 2007 ls balt and i tried to twist and pull and could not get the darn thing out for crap.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Its a REAL PAIN IN THE ASS. you turn the big black circle piece counter-clockwise. For my right headlight it come off fine, for my left i have to use a hammer and screw driver to make it twist/pop.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
i got some hole-in-the-wall brand from the auto place by me, The auto pars source, they're blue when you look at the lamp when its on like the one in the pic. above but they light up things whiter than regular bulbs. I like them. Only down point is one is just slightly bluer than the other.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I have new silverstar Ultras. will sell for 25 plus wwhatever it is to ship to you. Used 5 mins.

GTO 1

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have new silverstar Ultras. will sell for 25 plus wwhatever it is to ship to you. Used 5 mins.

GTO 1
Whyd you take them off so soon?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Its a REAL PAIN IN THE ASS. you turn the big black circle piece counter-clockwise. For my right headlight it come off fine, for my left i have to use a hammer and screw driver to make it twist/pop.
am i the only moron who pulls out the headlight assembly in order to change the bulb, or did Chevy screw up on that part?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
haha idk, my stockers screw easily but my aftermarkets are the pain

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
i would just save the $$$ and go for the real halos

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i would just save the $$$ and go for the real halos
I dont know, im not much of a fan of halos. A lot of people have them and i think they only look good on some cars...idk id rather just have the blue bulbs

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.