Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my car is now grinding when shifting up and down into 3rd and it has begun leaking from the transmission. I plan on getting it checked this weekend by a mechanic, but I just wanted your guys' opinion and expertise to tell how big a problem this potential could be and what could I do to fix it. Its a 2008 ls 5 speed with 65,000 miles if that helps narrow the problems down. And if you seen some of the threads i started I'm really starting to think this car is a lemon lol.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Well my car is now grinding when shifting up and down into 3rd and it has begun leaking from the transmission. I plan on getting it checked this weekend by a mechanic, but I just wanted your guys' opinion and expertise to tell how big a problem this potential could be and what could I do to fix it. Its a 2008 ls 5 speed with 65,000 miles if that helps narrow the problems down. And if you seen some of the threads i started I'm really starting to think this car is a lemon lol.
Could be leaking axle seals and bad synchro either way Tranny got to come out to figure out grinding that's my 2 cents

Sent from my SGH-T679M using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
311 Posts
I'm thinking that the grinding may be due to low transmission oil level.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright thanks guys, from what I researched I hope it's just a little low on transmission oil and not a bad synchro, because that sounds like its super expensive to fix

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have seen f23 trannys with bad 3rd gear synchros and only 3rd gear That's worse case, good luck tho

Sent from my SGH-T679M using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.