Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have no clue whats wrong with my car, my map lights on my review mirror won't turn off, the only way to get them to shut off is to pull the fuse

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
What year? Do you have a sun roof?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Probably a bad switch. Let me see if I can find the "how to replace map switch"

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

Are you talking about this lamp???

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
No he's talking about the lights on the mirror because he doesn't have a dome light.

have you by chance installed LED bulbs in it?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Ah!!! Just reread his first post duh! I must be tired I couldn't find any reference to those lights in the service manual. Does anybody know the rpo? I might be able to track it that way.

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
I'm just wondering if he has LED bulbs because if he does that is why they are staying on and it's no big deal.

If it's regular bulbs then there is something going on.

·
Chevy Customer Service
794 Posts
I see that Coby7 wanted RPO codes potentially - I can run your VIN to see what I can come up with if you wanted to send me the last 8 digits.

Sarah, GM Customer Service

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
OK, found the diagram finally. RPO code DC4. Those lamps are controlled by "BCM" applying a ground to pin "A10". So if they are staying on you probably have a chafed wire touching ground somewhere. These should turn off after 20 minutes in the event that the "BCM" fails to turn them off. The BCM will turn off supply voltage "A3" to prevent the battery from being discharged.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.