Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maple_man/ 2006 Cobalt LS/ Belle Vernon, PA

4K views 18 replies 5 participants last post by  Maple_man 
#1 · (Edited)
So this is my LS (Land Shark) its a 2006,

as you can see so far, the only thin cosmetic is the fact that i took off the stock plastic rim covers.
all i did to the rims was wire brush them down to bare metal and them i put about 4 coats of rustoleum on it, flat black of course.

i did mod the speedometer inside, i took the guts out of one in a junkyard and decided to paint it,
i know it doesnt match anything else lol but thats only cause i havent got to any other parts yet.

and my lovely stock dash!

i also put a couple of videos.

because i dont own the car yet i have tried not to drop too much money into modding it out, but hopefully ill own it within the year and can start updating this thread on upgrades! :nuts:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

UPDATE

I just bought some new bulbs for the car, don't ask what brand lol. i bought a set off ebay that said they were bright whites but they sent me the wrong ones and after a month of fighting with them about getting the right ones i finally got the right pair. they are pretty bright i got high beamed a couple times this morning, i'm assuming either cause my headlights are a little high or cause they thought i had my highs on lol.

See less See more
#2 ·
Car looks good! It looks like its slightly lowered in a few of the pictures.

And I like your idea with the speedometer. I might have to get one from a junkyard now to mess with.

#3 ·
yeah its real easy to get one from a junkyard and make it whatever color you want, i also plan on doing all the dash that's grey in the green along with the glove compartment door as well.

im thinking maybe if i get a second set of dash parts i can always change it back if i want to sell it one day or even paint them different colors and change it up every now and then. we will see what i feel like lol.

#5 ·
im thinking about changing the green to black or possibly doing white to contrast the black and grey, but the white might show dirt easy so idk. i might just black out everything lol.

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

i really want to try plasti dipping the dash pieces but they have to be durable enough that if some monkey gets in my car and accidentally scuffs it with their shoe it doesnt take the paint off. i heard the plasti dip is nice but idk if it is durable enough to take a beating. i also heard it leaves fingerprint smudges easily, and lint gets stuck to it, and im not a fan of that lol, i like to keep things clean.

#7 ·
lol yeah its going to be even more fun when i officially own it and can mod the crap out of it, i got less than a year and we will be modding it, my wife is going to protest cause she thinks its going to look like a ricer but she doesnt drive it daily, i do, so she can deal with it.

#11 ·
so you pass by everyday then? thats cool, we need a group to go cruising with or make our own lol, that would be awesome. i PMed XFE about a cobalt group out of pittsburgh that i think he runs but i havent heard anything back from him.

#13 ·
yeah dude that would be cool, my wife and i love cruising around in the summer, we dont normally go anywhere special we just like to drive. maybe take the occasional trip down to ohiopyle. we will get together and just cruise around.

#17 ·
really nice place to go for the day, they have an old village out in the woods and have tours and little shops inside some of them, they also have a real nice place to eat there, food is a little pricey but its good. we will have to go down there one day, that would be cool.

#19 ·
we will have to go sometime, i just put a thread together for cobalt people in this area so maybe people will bite on it and we can make a group out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.