Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My engine light came on and the message read that it was the mass air flow sensor. It would idle rough and buck from time to time. I had the sensor changed and it ran great for a couple days but the engine light came on and it is reading the same message saying that it's the mass air flow sensor although the car does not ride bad like it did. I've also had this problem when I first bought the car and had it fixed. Has anybody else had this problem and know what the solution is and is it a common problem for cobalts?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
You probably have a frayed wire or a broken wire to the MAF.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I seem to have a problem finding a proper mechanic. I've had it looked at by more than one mechanic they all tell me it's something different and they each have done their own thing and the problem hasn't gone away and is costing me quite a bit

·
Chevy Customer Service
794 Posts
I am sorry to read about the issue that you have been experiencing. If you are located in the US I can be of assistance to you to find a mechanic. If you would like my assistance please send me a private message with your zip code.

Jackie
Chevrolet Customer Care

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.