Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2006 Chevy Cobalt LT. I noticed a few mechanical issue and am hoping you guys can help me out.

1) When I apply my emergency brake my traction control light comes on and stays on until I release it. Is this normal?

2) There is a clunk/rattle noise when I sit and slightly rock the steering wheel back and forth and over bumps. I found the noise location. It is a knuckle looking joint part right above the pedals inside the car. Anyone have similar problems and is there a simple fix?

3) I noticed a tick/noise which is more apparent when I really get on it going up hills etc. Any ideas or similar problems?

4) What kind of mileage do you currently have? Just curious

Thank you all in advance

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Question one normal
2 you need a new intermediate shaft.
3 spark knock normal.
4 41000 miles

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
#2 I can't agree with you Coby because I don't have a clink but I do have the annoying rattle when going slow over bumps. I've already changed the intermediate shaft. I just don't pay attention to it anymore.

I agree with #1,#3

#4 I have 137,000km on mine

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
#2 I can't agree with you Coby because I don't have a clink but I do have the annoying rattle when going slow over bumps. I've already changed the intermediate shaft. I just don't pay attention to it anymore.

But he already pointed out the U joint as the source of the noise in the intermediate shaft. You can't change just the joint.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.