Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Aside from the K/N sticker I think that trim actually looks awesome! Did it come like that? Is that a trim kit or did you/PO do it? because that HVAC control looks precisely cut lol, but either way it looks great

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Aside from the K/N sticker I think that trim actually looks awesome! Did it come like that? Is that a trim kit or did you/PO do it? because that HVAC control looks precisely cut lol, but either way it looks great
it all came like this when i bought it, he has k&n filters so he stuck a sticker in there, and the orange inside is like a thick sticker. once it starts to fall off it ever does im going to probably paint it nicely or get a kit :) and thanks!

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

nice like the rims...and the carbon fiber touch....window guards not so much...
thanks and thanks! you dont like the guards?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
window guards are what I call smoker's windows.

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
Nice. It's good to see people these days who can drive cars with three pedals and go through their own gears. It's a dying art in this part of the world.

I agree about the K&N sticker. The world doesn't need to know what brand of air filter you've got lol. Other than that, it'll looks well put together. Any plans for future mods?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Nice. It's good to see people these days who can drive cars with three pedals and go through their own gears. It's a dying art in this part of the world.

I agree about the K&N sticker. The world doesn't need to know what brand of air filter you've got lol. Other than that, it'll looks well put together. Any plans for future mods?
I strongly support this whole post. Makes me proud every time I see a new member with a manual.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

that sticker was there when i got it, so i may aswell leave it, lots of mods i wanna do actually, some include:

1. black and orange seatcovers
2. inside orange glow
3. body kit
4. lowering springs
5. new speakers

and thats really all for now, well this stuff will happen eventually, i hope :p

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

well i dont smoke :p never have, and they were just there when i bought it :)

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

I strongly support this whole post. Makes me proud every time I see a new member with a manual.
and im just 19 years old! first car i learned on was a stick, and this past summer it got more intense when i learned how to drive my dads 2014 Chevy Camaro with a 6 speed :D

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
Don't do your springs without replacing your shocks. The stockers (FE1) are known to blow on a lowered ride. Best bet is to pick up a set of SS/TC (FE5) shocks & struts. They're inexpensive and quite possibly the best investment you can ever make for your car. Highly recommended.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Don't do your springs without replacing your shocks. The stockers (FE1) are known to blow on a lowered ride. Best bet is to pick up a set of SS/TC (FE5) shocks & struts. They're inexpensive and quite possibly the best investment you can ever make for your car. Highly recommended.
perfect, once this happens ill post in the forum for further assistance :D

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
I too bought my car young, I was actually 18. For suspension there are quite a few options but if you drive it in the winter at all stay away from coilovers, the salt will destroy them and don't get cheap ones if you ever get coilovers decent ones are a bit over 1k.

For springs I recommend upgrading the the KYB or FE5 strut/shock as the minimum and if you can afford them get the Koni shocks/struts. There are a few options for springs that I recommend, first is the YYZ springs Powell makes these are the best for handling (I'd argue even the best including coilovers), have a decent ride and lower it a bit but not nearly as much as some other springs. The second option is a mix of low and handling which are the CM and SSC springs, there is an argument if their the exact same spring or not but I believe they are slightly different and would only use the SSC ones not the CM ones. Lastly there are the low springs such as H&R and B&G both go quite low and although they give better handling over FE1 you sacrifice so much suspension travel it'll ride like crap.

The spring I highly recommend using the Koni's is the YYZ springs since they make the car more predictable although they will still be great with FE5 Koni's just make them better, I'd only use KYB struts/shocks on a more low spring.

When ever you do the suspension buy some new endlinks, the moog ones are a nice upgrade and the same price if not cheaper than stock. The stock ones almost always are destroyed to remove them. You can upgrade the front swaybar but it's not necessary, if you do want to the only one to get would be the one out of the SS/TC which was the 08-10 FE5 design.

I would highly recommend adding a rear swaybar as it'll make the car more neutral and help in corners. I would only choose a Powell rear swaybar, you have between the Hardcore rear swaybar and the XXX rear swaybar, the difference is that the Hardcore is a 1.25'' bar and the XXX is a 1.5'' bar. I started out with a Hardcore and later upgraded to the XXX, here are them side by side.

Lastly here is how my car sits on YYZ V.3 springs (V1 was slightly higher and V2 was just a bit lowered, V3 only changed the rear spring the pig tail that wraps around the bumpstop some people complained it was loose but it was shown that it couldn't move around). In these pictures except the last I still have the Hardcore rear swaybar on, also have Koni shocks/struts).

Winter Wheels

If you feel I've cluttered your introduction thread I apologize and will edit this post if you let me know.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
nah man you didn't clutter anything, its your post! :D cars looking great! maybe make a showoff thread to get more views as time goes on though. But keep up the good work, its lookin really good so far
great man, thanks alot, i just bought this all like this from the guy! i havent done anything too it yet, nor can drive it atm untill i get my full license in couple weeks or so :)

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I personally like them on trucks and SUVs, some cars (cobalts) just don't look right with them

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.