Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Cobalt Master
2,529 Posts
Well to he honest with you I think im going to stop modding soon just due to the fact money is not the issue its just why waste all this money 2 3 4 maybe 5 grand on performance mods if I was looking to go faster I would of gotten a more powerful car then I have now I jist like to look good yes speed is fun and all that but thats not my interest im more of the type for mod looks...

---------- Post added at 01:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 AM ----------

Id like to put my car in the lil shows like at the mall or theaters and such like the lil meets and such but I feel like my car is not nice enough for that yet even though I spent all this money on it..

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
do what you think is best. but i'll tell you that my car definitely gets a lot of double takes and interest at some meets. nobody expects a stock looking base model (aside from headlights, taillights and debadging) to have what it has under the hood. if looks is what you're going after, then do what you gotta do to achieve it. i like smoking people on the freeway when i have the opportunity, especially v8's. but everyone has a different mind set.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
google is the answer to many!

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Hate to say it, but:eek:fftopic:move the discussion to the random chat!

·
Registered
26 Posts
is there any other mods that I can do? (so far I have full exhaust, intake, tune) other than a tc/ sc that I can do to get a solid increase In hp/ tq? Don't think I want to spend a solid $4,000 for a turbo kit.

·
Registered
26 Posts
ive got a tune already, I was wondering more about like cams, pistons, rods, boring out? lol anything like that. would it be worth all that. I was thinking about getting a super charger after this deployment. not sure just yet. Thanks for some insite

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
He could get away without doing internals even if he supercharges his car. A 3.4" pulley shouldn't be a problem. But if you want power and reliability, you'd better invest in some internals.

N/A on the other hand, simple bolt-ons is all you really need, and I think he's got that covered already.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I was working w/ a mechanic on doing my car before I totalled it, there's a lot of manufacturing companies that make nitrous to where it is safe because they install gauges & switches to let u pretty much see the shot entering the engine (so to speak) Not saying it is fully safe & won't blow the manifold but, I wouldn't recommend going higher then a 50 shot on n/a cars.

41 - 60 of 74 Posts