1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Say What again!
6,000 Posts
Get the magnaflow.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Okay so I ordered my ss cluster next is the sportline lowering shocks and I'm split between Megan drift spec catback and a magnaflow catback. I'm leaning more towered the magnaflow because it sounds better IMO but the Megan catback is cheaper and doesn't sound bad.. Idk I was just looking for some advice on this maybe from magnaflow/Megan owners or if you know someone with these. Thanks
I don't own either, but Megan's is "à la fartcan" style; IMO the magnaflow is better in sound, look and warranty. It might be a little bit more from the get go, but if you going to keep your car for say 3-5 years, you'll be kicking yourself from not spending the extra $ when you bought it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I really don't care about performance as it's just a daily driver I just wanna freshen it up a little but I want a good sound and probably a nice visual the horsepower gain isn't much from either.. Right?

·
Registered
911 Posts
I have a magnaflow catback, I chose it because of the warrenty,looks (has a nice tip on her), sound (not too loud, nice little rumble when u come on to her tho) and performance...cost me $796 CAD for it, plus another $50 or so for installation...its my favorite mod I've had so far...out of all my cars I've had

·
Registered
212 Posts
just for the record I used to have a N1 style muffler(aka fartcan ). I think I've grown tired of the look, but I think Hailcesar's car pulled it off quite nicely. XFE's is borderline N1 style but it doesn't look like the typical 4" opening. I think N1 looks hot on drift cars, in fact I can't picture it without any other style.

I think it goes with your taste really, even as a DD I think Magnaflow will be a little quiteter than Megan. unless of course you're willing to go with GMPP touring. Also keep i mind Magnaflow has lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
870 Posts
The canister look is slowing growing on me and I have no idea why. Oh snap I'm turning into a ricer...jk lol. The canister style can look good sometimes depending on the style. I like the angled tip on yours hailcesar.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
The canister look is slowing growing on me and I have no idea why. Oh snap I'm turning into a ricer...jk lol. The canister style can look good sometimes depending on the style. I like the angled tip on yours hailcesar.
thanks. and yes u are turning ricer, but thats ok:laugh:

·
Registered
911 Posts
yeah I only paid like $50 or so for the install, I get half off labour, plus it doesn't take long to hook the cat back up it put in in sections

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.