Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a friend of mine on another site right now who is putting together a little road trip for sometime in the first week of June. Here is the info he has posted right now, and the date for sure is going to be in the first week of June! We are kinda hoping for a somewhat big turnout, so I figured I'd advertise:D. Here is the info:

Alright, I'm mainly trying to gauge interest from Michigan members but any one else who wants to come is more then welcome! There's a GREAT section of road up in the Keweenaw Peninsula in the U.P. of Michigan. This road is not widely known as it's so remote. There's little traffic and even fewer police, not that I would ever advise speeding on this road with it's twists.

There's sections of this road that are seem very narrow because of the tree density on both sides of the road and the trees coming right up to the shoulder. This is mostly only known by car enthusiasts that happen to attend Michigan Tech which is a short drive away. I'm gonna road trip there summer 2010, probably sometime in June or July.

I'd like to gauge interest for a group who wants to go up and stay at a hotel the night before, drive the road counter-clockwise, and then depending on the time we could either stay at the hotel again or drive back to my parents house in the Eastern U.P. for a free place to stay the night.

Here's the road for any one interested. Google Maps

We'd be taking 26 up to Copper Harbor from Phoenix and 41 back.

When? Shooting for the 1st or 2nd weekend of June

1. Shibito
2. blkbolt09
3. Leveecius

·
Registered
79 Posts
Possibly, I'd need more details.

J

·
0 Posts
Possibly here too.... I'm just outside of West Branch, Mi (I-75 exit 212) so I could meet up with all of you on the way up there.

·
Registered
978 Posts
i might come if im not busy that weekend .

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^ you better not be busy! lol

·
Registered
280 Posts
I'm interested. I don't live far from jim2029. I'm about 40 minutes east of him in Tawas City. I'll be teaching in Tawas until the middle of June; around June 16. Is this going to be a guy/girl and their car thing, or can we bring anyone for the ride? Let us know with more details as you get a specific date.

-Neil

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As far as I know, it's bring whoever you want. He said everyone is welcome. The more the merrier! :)

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
I Know I am from Wisconsin but am willing to travel, just another ss/sc in the group lol, hopefully my car will be done by then.

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh definately guys! Like I said, and I asked him too, Everyone is welcome to come. I'm hoping to have my 3076 done by then too! :D

·
Registered
86 Posts
Im out, I will most likely be heading overseas to where you are now.

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When ya headin out? What branch are you? What base you on?

·
Registered
750 Posts
That would be one hell of a drive. I would be going from close to the lowest point of mi to the highest lol. Depending on what I have going on and how much funds I have, I may be able to make it but who knows.

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That would be one hell of a drive. I would be going from close to the lowest point of mi to the highest lol. Depending on what I have going on and how much funds I have, I may be able to make it but who knows.
Well if it's any consolation to ya, I'm from Athens, about 10 miles north of Coldwater, so I'm pretty much in Indiana lol. I'll be making the trip. If you want to come but can't drive, let me know and I'll let ya ride with. :)

you know i hate bridges lol.
All you have to do is close your eyes when driving across it!:push::nuts::cheesy:

·
Registered
978 Posts
Well if it's any consolation to ya, I'm from Athens, about 10 miles north of Coldwater, so I'm pretty much in Indiana lol. I'll be making the trip. If you want to come but can't drive, let me know and I'll let ya ride with. :)

All you have to do is close your eyes when driving across it!:push::nuts::cheesy:
I cant then id crash off the side and bye bye .lol

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
^^ lol, nah, just be in the middle lane with a few non SS's on either side and use them as bumpers down the bridge!! :D

·
Registered
750 Posts
Thanks for the offer Leveecius but it looks like I am going to be doing a charity show in Muskegon MI that weekend for the Humane Society.

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well it's up to ya! I don't know if we are doing it on a weekend or not. No official date has been set yet. I'm still trying to work that out with them.

·
Registered
127 Posts
id like to go but i work more on the weekends than i do during the week. it would cost me almost $200 to take the weekend off, plus gas... maybe there will be something closer to the flint area sometime soon?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.