Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so my parents filed for bankruptcy. And im the co-signer on the car. but they talked to their lawyer yesterday and the lawyer told them that the bank might take the car:cry: but said it all depends on the judge they get, my dad told her that hes been paying her for years now and should do the best she can so they dont take my car. because he knows how much i like my car. so after talking with my parents, I told them not to worry about. Well today my dad tells me if they take the car what im going to do, so I told him I dont know Ill probably get the new turbo cobalt or an evo, and he told me he would give me money for the downpayment. In a way dont want to see it gone but then i could get a new car. I dont know what to do.:sad:

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Ok so my parents filed for bankruptcy. And im the co-signer on the car. but they talked to their lawyer yesterday and the lawyer told them that the bank might take the car:cry: but said it all depends on the judge they get, my dad told her that hes been paying her for years now and should do the best she can so they dont take my car. because he knows how much i like my car. so after talking with my parents, I told them not to worry about. Well today my dad tells me if they take the car what im going to do, so I told him I dont know Ill probably get the new turbo cobalt or an evo, and he told me he would give me money for the downpayment. In a way dont want to see it gone but then i could get a new car. I dont know what to do.:sad:
wow... bankruptcy always sucks, that's what I do for my bank... I'm actually doing a CRAP load right now--my job isnt fun, lol... well, it really depends on what your parents do w/ that particular loan, where the payments are... and the chapter bankruptcy too... but either way, i hope ya get 2 keep it! :-D

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
So i guess that means your not going to our meet then? J/p thought id lighten the subject. Yea its happening a lot here in the panhandle. But most people are doing it just to get rid of some debt so they can breathe easy again. I wish i could do something to help. It sucks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys, my car has never gave me any major problems.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well my parents lawyer called today told my dad that she talked to the bank,well the bank told her that they didnt want the car bacause 1.)they have a bunch of repos as is and dont want more 2.)payments are up to date, Ive been payin $500 to $600 a month instead of the $260 i was supposed to be paying and i owe like $6500(i bought it for $14,000):bigsmile:. But then she told my dad that its now up to the judge.:notrust:. Im keeping my fingers-crossed

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
well thats good news. that means the bank isn't gonna be pushing for it eh

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Lancer Evo, that car is SICK :laugh:

Good luck with the situation, I hope your parents get themselves out of the dig.
Yeah thats why they filed for bankruptcy. they are going to lose 2 rental homes and already lost my dads H2, so i gave him my 03 lincon ls, which is nothing compared to what they have given me.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
that sucks dude. you have my sympathy for sure. my dad lost a lot of money with all this crap going on

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
take all ur mods out and return to stock if ur going to loose ur car. Make some money on the aftermarket parts and then put that money towards a new car.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.