Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drove a friend of mine from Fort Worth Tx to Nashville to buy a truck and it was 1300 miles round trip and I got 40 mpg keeping at 70ish and 40psi in the tires. (was going for maximum fuel millage) did nothing else to the car. My friend and I were very surprised when we put gas in the car and we figured it out at 40mpg.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
33.2 stock to 35.4 fully bolted. Who says performance is costly?

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
Going 100 miles upstate this weekend, I'll post my results! You guys reset the avg mpg once on the highway correct?

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
On a full tank drive until you are almost at empty. Record the miles driven and completely fill the tank up. Repeat a couple times and total miles and gallons up. Divide miles and gallons to get ACTUAL MPG, the cars computer is a good guestamate only.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
Ah a little mathematics i see, that's perfect. I'll report my results when my testing is complete then.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
Found a nifty app out of thousands on my Evo 3D

Even has a widget!

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
What is it called? Does it save the info to a server that you can refer to with your laptop?

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
It's called triplog

You can email yourself your data and it lets you upload to amazon cloud storage, with a subscription fee of course

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That was 100% highway with no traffic and keeping my foot out of the gas pedal. I did the correct fill it up and drive it empty and fill it up again math. Around town on the highway I get about 35 mpg. Sitting in any traffic at all kills gas milage I've learned. It all really comes down to how you drive your car.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
my millage includes roughly 30 minutes of stop and go traffic and 45 minutes of highway each direction. Strickly highway I'm around 37 mpg

·
Registered
311 Posts
I'm bumping around about 38.4 US mgp these days. I thought I might be more in the 39 mpg range by now...with the weather warming up as it has. It may be my foot's been a little heavier lately ..or maybe it's that traffic hasn't thinned out enough yet with school still being in session. The car seems to be running just fine.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
on my last 3 tanks i've gotten 42mpg canadian with no highway. I love when the weather warms up:) (helps that my intake and exhaust arent new anymore so im not racing around halifax like a crazy man)

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
42 Canadian mpg? Is that different than 42 American mpg?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Yep, 42 US is about 52 to a Canadian gallon.
A canadian gallon has 5 quarts and a US gallon has 4.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.