Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've only had my 2008 Cobalt for a few months. I'm getting 10.4L/100km according to the driver information centre on the dash. Anyone else getting poor mileage? Anyone know why I'm getting poor mileage? It's an automatic, 4 door LT model.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Here's a helpful hint....don't push the gas pedal to the floor.LOL

Unless my math is way off that's about 3 gals to about 60 miles - 20MPG. Is that around town stop-and-go driving?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I've only had my 2008 Cobalt for a few months. I'm getting 10.4L/100km according to the driver information centre on the dash. Anyone else getting poor mileage? Anyone know why I'm getting poor mileage? It's an automatic, 4 door LT model.
you are getting better mileage than me, but i have two reasons that factor into my 12.4L/100km, one, it's a stick, so my shifting hurts it, two, i admit to going WOT on a regular basis, so thus i am not complaining. When i got the car, i kept it to 8-9L/100km. But now, idc about gas prices, i need to drive, i drive my way.

·
Banned
384 Posts
28.5mpg/city =)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Wow, not even stop-and-go traffic should be that bad. Unless you have luck like mine and get caught by every red light. Highway I get 32mpg with cruise set at 65 & thats with a clogged cat. Driving through town I still get at least 25. Do you know how to reset the mileage reading? Perhaps youre getting readings ever since youve had the car.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Wow, not even stop-and-go traffic should be that bad. Unless you have luck like mine and get caught by every red light. Highway I get 32mpg with cruise set at 65 & thats with a clogged cat. Driving through town I still get at least 25. Do you know how to reset the mileage reading? Perhaps youre getting readings ever since youve had the car.
disconnect the battery, leave for 10min, then reattach, it will reset it all.

·
Registered
19 Posts
disconnect the battery, leave for 10min, then reattach, it will reset it all.
Huh? No need to go that far. Just hold down the enter button for a few secs.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Another factor is in the winter they put something in the gas so every one suffers... im only getting like 21mpg now and like 25 in the summer

·
Registered
85 Posts
33 MPG and thats abusing the hell out of it, i dunno what wrong down in america. haha

·
Registered
268 Posts
yeah when i was bone stock i beat on my balt to but i only got 30 miles to the gallon, anything after 2-1/2 grand in 4th or 5th sucks it down pretty good but not to bad for what power u get in return.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm getting 29.5 mpg and i still have my pedal to the floor. Lowest iv ever gotten is like 27 mpg so that sucks for you man

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Another factor is in the winter they put something in the gas so every one suffers...
It's called ethanol. And it kills your gas mileage.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Nope 33 MPG in city, little bit of highway,but definitly alot of city, never do i shift without going to 4500 RPM, she likes it rough.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Nope 33 MPG in city, little bit of highway,but definitly alot of city, never do i shift without going to 4500 RPM, she likes it rough.
Im calling bs then. i dont normally let my automatic go past 2500, and i have yet to get anything over 24 in stop and go traffic.

·
Registered
85 Posts
haha call bs then, but i have no reason to lie...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Yeah, jsut the 2.2L and i use normal 87 octane. I dunno, it does seem like really good mileage, but again, no reason to lie.

·
Registered
27 Posts
my mileage is my biggest complaint- i have a 2008 2.2 bought in Dec. in mixed driving i'm getting a best 24 mpg.

my 2001 olds alero 4 cyl had 182,000 miles on it and i was still getting 27 mpg in city only.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.