Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many miles do you think I can get out of my car? I have already 148,000 miles and I havent had any issues with the engine or transmission. I have replaced certain parts and I was wondering if it is possible to get up to 300,000 miles out of my car. Please let me know what you think. Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm not far behind you. I have 140,00. I plan on replacing internals and I am going to swap a different transmission in it. So by doing that, I feel I can get quite a few miles out of mine. Now if you leave it stock, I don't know about that one.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea im just going to replace any parts that need to be replaced, so far ive replaced the thermostat, lower control arms for the suspension. I mean the cobalt has a terrible suspension to be honest.

·
Registered
46 Posts
145xxx km on 08 cobalt no problems, never seen a dealership since it left the lot (il get the recall done soon) only done the swaybar links front brakes and oil and filters and tired.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Speaking only from personal experience with my past cars, the serviceable life of many of the major components tend to be around 150K. When I say that, I'm speaking as someone who keeps a thumb on maintenance, too. Things just wear out, some faster some slower.

When I buy, I make sure the car is paid off by the time I hit that mileage. That way if a big expense comes up I can determine if it's cheaper to maintain or go new. With your car, you're paying for a monthly service...

·
Registered
20 Posts
I agree with the majority of opinions. It depends on the driver, driving habits, levels of maintenance, and partially luck. I have had a car last for over 300,000 miles and I have had a car blow up at 100,000 miles. All you can do is try to stay on top of problems or potential problems and upkeep as necessary. But as to you specific question, it sounds like your car has a ton of life left in it. Just keep on top of things and hope for the best.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.