Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was in the process of hooking up some LED's, wiring them to my neon light that plugs into the cigarette lighter. Everything was working so well and they all light up.

So I decided to put this one LED with a diode, decided to take the diode/or resistor out that goes with the LED. Then I seen a spark and smelled burning. All the lights went off.

I check all the fuses in the engine compartment and interior dash compartment. And all the fuses are fine, I didnt blow a fuse. Is it the small transformer or something else (it doesnt light up anymore). If it is, how do you fix this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,969 Posts
Dude you saw a spark and smelled something burning? It's obvious your neons are f*cked. I'd suggest you keep away from any type of aftermarket lighting. FAIL. Lol
 

·
Not justice...Punishment
Joined
·
3,829 Posts
First: make sure nothing in your car is hurt. Make sure all you stock lights works and your car still starts.

Second: You prolly fried the transformer for the LEDs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
911 Posts
never strip apart a LED, there's a resistor on there for a reason and that reason is for it not to fry, its like its own little fuse if u will
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top