Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! Does anyone have mirror covers for their cobalt? I found some on ebay that I like, but I have no idea how hard they will be to install...i took a close look at the original mirrors, and i can't see how the top cover part would pop off...any help? ideas suggestions? :) would be appreciated, thanks!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I think you can buy the set for like 30 bucks or so... not sure how they go on or off, I think a screwdriver should do the trick... just pop off the old ones

·
Registered
75 Posts
They do pop off, but like Snake said you need to use a little force, but also be very careful. A small flathead screwdriver will do the trick.
I pulled mine off and painted them.
I guess if you have replacement caps you really don't have to be too careful pulling the old ones off, unless you want to sell them.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you can't/or don't want to do them you could stop by and I'll pop them on for you. I tore mine apart after I got new ones just to see how they work.
Where are you at? I managed to get them on, but the passenger side one won't click on all the way...I think the piece along the bottom of the orange part may not be like it should, because it doesn't quite catch on the "hook" on the mirror. I don't know if that make sense at all, :) but I was a little frustrated. I'm going to call the company today and ask them if they will send me a different one. I had no problems with the driver's side...

·
Registered
47 Posts
what are you going to do with your old ones? I cracked my passenger side when a duck decided to run an unprovoked attack on me

·
Registered
720 Posts
I may have to do this as well. Good to see others in MN that can help me out. Although, I don't think this would be one of those things I'll need help with.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I just used a few coats of that Krylon Fusion, and it turned out just fine. Just do a few coats. Maybe hit it up with some clear coat afterwards. I didnt do clear coat on mine, but they still turned out good.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.