Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
car has been misfiring on cylinder 3 for more than a month now, ive replaced the spark plugs, coil, injector, and bam its back, i got it scanned and my mechanic told me it might be a bad computer. he also told me to try replacing spark plug #3 one more time and see if it works. what do you guys think, i dont got a lot of time cuz tomorrow i hit the road to wyotech with my car and its a 12 hour drive! HELP!

·
Registered
527 Posts
Same problem here too except mine is the mandom misfire. I read somewhere on the net that our cars dont like aftermarket CAIs and may need tuning due to the A/F ratios going lean. I think it was on ZZperformance or something. Did your mechanic do a leak down test? Could be a bad valve seat. Also do you have a lightweight under drive pulley?

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
Kind of hard to post pone a 12 hour drive when it's for college lol. I hope you get this figured out man.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kind of hard to post pone a 12 hour drive when it's for college lol. I hope you get this figured out man.
this. n thanx

well we changed plug #3 and changed the seal on the injector everything was fine it stopped misfiring until now, CEL came back on. my mechanic says it could be a bad harness but idk, guess ill have to get in fixed up in wyoming -_-

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
It randomly started doing this? Not like right after any type of mod?

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
Did it asplode?

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
Shit dude. :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.