Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2009 cobalt lt 2.2

Code shows misfire on cyclinder 4
Runs fine at highway speeds. driving in town CEL FLashes then stops flashing although it can run prefect some days no matter where I am driving.

I have replaced the coil pack, spark plugs
It also shifts hard
Looks like there is not an ignition control module or I can't find it. I was going to replace that next. I also was thinking about replacing the fuel injector.

Any other suggestion would much wecolme.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
Injector would be my next guess. How long has it been doing this? Any modifications or anything?
Idk for sure, but ignition control is probably done at the ecm.
And idk if i would necissarily link the hard shifting to the misfire right away, unless it all started at once. You look at your mounts?
And i just noticed you've got an 09'.... Warranty?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Just hope you don't have a cracked headgasket and having coolant seeping into cylinder giving you the missfire.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm having the same issue too. I get a check engine light (Cyl 3 misfire) and the Service Traction Control Light comes on, and the car shifts hard. Mine is a 2009 also. I just replaced the plugs, and it didn't help. I was going to do the coils next, but that don't seem to be the problem.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
You can switch coils and see if misfire follows coil.

·
Chevy Customer Service
794 Posts
If either of you (teks2256 or cannonballgsu) pursue this with a dealership, please let me know so that I may assist in the process, if you like.

Sarah
GM Customer Service

·
Registered
36 Posts
You can switch coils and see if misfire follows coil.
I had thought about this - and it would actually be very simple to do if I can borrow a buddy's scanner.

If either of you (teks2256 or cannonballgsu) pursue this with a dealership, please let me know so that I may assist in the process, if you like.

Sarah
GM Customer Service
Thanks. I'm going to try to get to the bottom of this myself in hopes of saving money. My car is still under the powertrain warranty, but the diagnostics and attempts to fix the problem will probably rack up in costs mighty quick. Regardless, I'll post the outcome of my situation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.