Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well its not that simple, the car gave me this code about 4-6k miles ago, so I changed the plugs code did not come back until a few weeks ago. so last weekend I figured I'd swap the cols from cly 1 and cly 2 to see if this cured the problem or if the code would move to cyl 1 (making it a coil pack problem) and the plug looked good, well it did not still reading cyl 2 misfire what should I check next

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Check if your coolant is dropping, you might have a cracked head gasket and leaking in cylinder 2.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
compression or fuel
not fuel.....what should the compression be?

Check if your coolant is dropping, you might have a cracked head gasket and leaking in cylinder 2.
no leaks....

UPDATE: I swapped injectors 1 and 2 dove it for a while engine light stayed off the next day will driving around it came back on, so I swapped plugs 1 and 2 looked at them booth neither looked any worse or better than the other checked the gap on both and reinstalled. Drove it to work yesterday no light drove it again this morning and it came back on, same code p0203.....any more ideas? oh one other symptom after the engine light comes on the tranny shifts hard.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
UPDATE: I swapped injectors 1 and 2 dove it for a while engine light stayed off the next day will driving around it came back on, so I swapped plugs 1 and 2 looked at them booth neither looked any worse or better than the other checked the gap on both and reinstalled. Drove it to work yesterday no light drove it again this morning and it came back on, same code p0203.....any more ideas? oh one other symptom after the engine light comes on the tranny shifts hard.
I'm sure you meant P0302 Cylinder 2 Misfire Detected .

Try something for me, I know it's far fetch but try pushing down on all relays and fuses in the underhood fuse block. Some people have had luck in solving hard transmission shift this way.

Maybe the even injector fuse needs removing and reinstalling due to dirty contacts. Diminished contact conductivity would reduce voltage available for injector coil. I know it is pulling at straws but you never know. Everything else seems to fail for you. But I suspect a bad ground.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Found this diagram that shows where Injector ground and transmission module ground connect "coincidence" maybe. Maybe it's loose.

Attachments

·
Say What again!
6,033 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm sure you meant P0302 Cylinder 2 Misfire Detected .

Try something for me, I know it's far fetch but try pushing down on all relays and fuses in the underhood fuse block. Some people have had luck in solving hard transmission shift this way.

Maybe the even injector fuse needs removing and reinstalling due to dirty contacts. Diminished contact conductivity would reduce voltage available for injector coil. I know it is pulling at straws but you never know. Everything else seems to fail for you. But I suspect a bad ground.
your right P0302...LOL

yep checking the wiring is next along with connections.....
and a compression test

I'll keep ya'll posted thanks

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
dyslexia lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.