Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this problem just started happening not even 2 days ago now, it was working fine the whole day, then i took it to the car wash and about 8 minutes later it started to misfire and cut my engine power, at first i was freaking out because it was a heavy misfire and i stoped it popped the hood and then it stopped,

so later i started going and it happened again, someone heard it was a misfire and blew into the coil plugs and that seemed to solve the problem for a little then i went to start it the next day and it started happening again, so now i got to keep blowing into the coil plug in's multiple times until it goes away,

would you guys have any ideas on what it might be ?

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Not familiar with that chain of events, but try switching the coil that seems to clear the issue up with another coil and see if that cylinder has a missfire. If so you just need to replace that one coil.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Maybe you have a frayed wire, check the harness.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey buddy I had that once with my ford focus (rip) check in the socket where your plugs are sometimes water finds its way in there to either use suction tool or blast air in there to blow out the water. Do not remove the plugs just pop off the black spark plug wire ignition deal that's on the plugs, try that and report back. Also look inside of those covers to see if there's white powder (sign of arcing) report back bro

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey guys, so anyways i straightpiped it momentarily, but the mechanic said it was an 02 sensor code but i swear i saw a P03?? Code so i think it might be a cylinder, but whenever i unplug the coils from the harness sometimes i goes away, its so damn confusing guys :/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.