Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we bought my 'Balt used, one previous owner, and there's something that's been bugging me. My 2.2 doesn't look quite the same as all the other pictures I've seen of it;

am I missing a cover for that, or did some of them just come like that?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm. Any idea where I can get a replacement? I know it's just for looks, but, that's why I'd like it, snazz my engine up a bit.

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
Ill sell mine PM me an offer. I can find tons up here in ak, mine just needs to be cleaned and the shipping might be shitty.

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

I have an 07 cobalt, and an 05 cobalt to clean out for parts coming up in the next couple weeks

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Just check the local salvage yards there should be plenty there. I know there is at least one inthe Alb area, my wife's friends Balt got totaled there after the infamous power steering unit failed. Dont know here the car got hauled to though.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Another thougt since you bought the car used and you are missing the cover. Did you check to make sure you had a spare and the jack and associated equipment. Most used cars get those stripped out for some reason, especially since GM is not putting any kind of spare in the new cars anymore.

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Hmmm mine dont look like others i have seen either....... :bigsmile:

·
Registered
122 Posts
All up to you I guess, but most people, including myself, take them off and throw them away as one of the first things they do to theyre balt. But yea, if you really want one, check around at local salvage yards like others have said.
Yup, took mine off the second day i owned the car, I prefer to see my engine. not to mention I bet the engine runs a bit cooler since it doesnt have padding sitting on the top of it.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Yup, took mine off the second day i owned the car, I prefer to see my engine. not to mention I bet the engine runs a bit cooler since it doesnt have padding sitting on the top of it.
Exactly, with-in the first hour of owning mine, I had the dealer stickers, plate holder, engine cover, and hood padding stuff all off. All pointless stuff IMO and alot cleaner without them.

·
Say What again!
6,011 Posts
Yeah, I have mine still too. The only purpose of the top cover is for NVH purposes.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
After reading some responces, I think I'll leave it off I guess.
Then, new question, how the heck do I clean the tarnish off the engine itself, then? Any ideas? My engine, as you guys can see, is just kinda... eugh.

·
Say What again!
6,011 Posts
Try brake cleaner.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.