Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
MMcGee91 / 2008 Cobalt LS / Madison Heights, MI *Updated 7/26/2011**

Hey Everyone! Time to show off my car i guess. :)

First of all, I got this car about 3 years ago, I'm 20, and it's my first car. No, I didn't buy the car totally by myself. I had some big help from my parents (because I got good grades all through high school lol). But I put the down payment on it. I love this car so much! Here's what I've put into it so far, don't have ALOT due to money and college and such, but I do what I can haha!

Exterior Mods:
Complete rear debadging
Side trim and GM logo removal
20% rear and 50% side tint
Self done vinyl Grand Sport Stripes
17" Black Enkei EDR9s
Blue LED license plate light
RallyArmor mudflaps
Black front bowtie
Black headlight housings (self done)

Interior Mods:
Yellow painted trim (including steering wheel)
Remote 15 color LED Glow
Blue LED dome light
Blue LED trunk light
Yellow and black Wheelskins steering wheel cover

Performance/under the hood:
K&N SRI
3A Racing muffler (yeah, i know, it's pretty rice....sounds good though.)
yellow painted Ecotec label on engine cover

Future mods?:
lowering springs
cat back exhaust

Dome light only

LED Glow only: Teal

LED Glow only: Purple

Everything on, Blue LED Glow

License plate light!

New intake!

Thanks Everyone! Hope you like! I know it's not the most amazing Cobalt on the planet, but hey! For a first car, i'm pretty proud of it. :)))

·
Registered
680 Posts
Nice ride :)
About the springs...I went with dropzone.
For a little over $100 they provide a low drop and nice ride.
You might would want to go with something with a little less of a drop like sportlines considering your up north, I'm not sure what the winters are like where you are.
Good luck! First cars FTW!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice ride :)
About the springs...I went with dropzone.
For a little over $100 they provide a low drop and nice ride.
You might would want to go with something with a little less of a drop like sportlines considering your up north, I'm not sure what the winters are like where you are.
Good luck! First cars FTW!
Thanks! I checked both of these out and they really aren't that bad! Something I could look into once I get an internship next summer. We'll see...Probably go with something like the Eibach springlines you told me about. I'm worried about winter and speed bumps! :p

·
Say What again!
5,997 Posts
I've seen your car around...I'm from Royal Oak!

Love it all except the fart can!

·
Registered
680 Posts
Thanks! I checked both of these out and they really aren't that bad! Something I could look into once I get an internship next summer. We'll see...Probably go with something like the Eibach springlines you told me about. I'm worried about winter and speed bumps! :p
Yeah I don't have too much trouble with speed bumps or winter (since I'm in GA) but yeah I would definitely make sure the winter weather wouldn't mess anything up.
BTW thanks for the add :)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've seen your car around...I'm from Royal Oak!

Love it all except the fart can!
Haha awesome! Yeah I have always said that I was going to put one on my first car, I like the tuner stuff. Alot of people hate the ricer thing, but I like literally everything lol...And I didn't have enough money to get a really good exhaust :p But yeah I live right on 13 and Stephenson, so i've probably seen you as well lol :3

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

Yeah I don't have too much trouble with speed bumps or winter (since I'm in GA) but yeah I would definitely make sure the winter weather wouldn't mess anything up.
BTW thanks for the add :)
Cool. The speed bumps are the main things i'm worried about. I mean I don't go over them that often, but if I do, I don't wanna be scraping up the bottom haha!

·
Say What again!
5,997 Posts
Haha awesome! Yeah I have always said that I was going to put one on my first car, I like the tuner stuff. Alot of people hate the ricer thing, but I like literally everything lol...And I didn't have enough money to get a really good exhaust :p But yeah I live right on 13 and Stephenson, so i've probably seen you as well lol :3

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

Cool. The speed bumps are the main things i'm worried about. I mean I don't go over them that often, but if I do, I don't wanna be scraping up the bottom haha!
Yeah - it used to blend in pretty well, but now it's rather easy to spot. You're on Woodward a lot, right? May have seen my car at Auto Europe on Friday nights...

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Don't hate on the the "fart can" everyone lol...I know it's kinda lame, cuz it doesn't make it any faster, but hey...I like noisy cars regardless, so I do what I can lol...Either later on in this car's life, or on my next car, I will have a legit exhaust hehe :p

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

Yeah - it used to blend in pretty well, but now it's rather easy to spot. You're on Woodward a lot, right? May have seen my car at Auto Europe on Friday nights...
Umm I'm ususally only on Woodward for the Cruise, other than that, not too much lol...You went this year right?

·
Say What again!
5,997 Posts
Yeah - I was out every night the week before. Monday-Thurs night I was at Auto Europe, and Friday-Sat I was at Square Lake and Woodward.

I'm always out cruising or parked on Friday nights, though, or out if it's nice.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah - I was out every night the week before. Monday-Thurs night I was at Auto Europe, and Friday-Sat I was at Square Lake and Woodward.

I'm always out cruising or parked on Friday nights, though, or out if it's nice.
Cool! Yeah I was there every day as well. I can't ever get enough of it! lol...I feel like I remember seeing a white cobalt at Auto Europe, but i'm not sure lol...Probably did if you were there all week :p

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 PM ----------

Come to think of it, yeah I remember seeing it. Did you have the steelies showing?

·
Say What again!
5,997 Posts
Cool! Yeah I was there every day as well. I can't ever get enough of it! lol...I feel like I remember seeing a white cobalt at Auto Europe, but i'm not sure lol...Probably did if you were there all week :p

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 PM ----------

Come to think of it, yeah I remember seeing it. Did you have the steelies showing?
Yeah, I'm dropped and on steelies right now. Niteshaded tails, and 8000K HIDs.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah, I'm dropped and on steelies right now. Niteshaded tails, and 8000K HIDs.
Shweeet. I used to be on the steelies for a while, then I got my hubs painted matte black, hand painted the little plastic bolts yellow. Then there were the new Enkei's about a month ago lol. Still love the sleelie look, kinda sleeper-ish :3

·
Say What again!
5,997 Posts
Shweeet. I used to be on the steelies for a while, then I got my hubs painted matte black, hand painted the little plastic bolts yellow. Then there were the new Enkei's about a month ago lol. Still love the sleelie look, kinda sleeper-ish :3
Oh ya, specially with boost, and stock bumpers :laugh:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.