Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one use the Mobil 1 M1C-151 oil filter in there car? I want some information on how well it holds up to say 8,000 mile oil changes.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went 6,000 miles on the AC delco filter and the Mobil super 5000 oil and it still looked good the oil the filter not so much thats why I am wanting to no about the Mobil 1 filter.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Mobil 1 always makes good products and I've run them on multiple vehicles, but I've never tried to go 8,000 miles in between oil changes. I've been 5 and everything's been fine.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I work for the company that makes the Mobil 1 filters and had some one tell me today that the Mobil 1 had change the design and it was much heavier construction than it used to be. The old ones I know where just like the AC Delco, Super Tech, STP and others we make but the new ones are different I was told and was tring to get some information on if it would be worth changing over so the filter could go as long as the oil life monitor says.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I use mobil-1 extended performance. I change my oil every 10k even though it says it's good for 15, and I change my filter every 5k

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is there any one one here that would have acess to the pressure relife valve's pisd setting?

·
Registered
86 Posts
I use mobil-1 extended performance. I change my oil every 10k even though it says it's good for 15, and I change my filter every 5k
I've always used Mobile 1 synthetic not the EP but have looked into it, Were you skeptical at all before going that long? Sorry not trying to hijack the thread

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
The top filters for the Cobalt are either ACDelco (NOT the Walmart ones...), Hengst (They're the ACDelco's), Wix, or Napa Gold.

Anyways, as far as extended interval oil changes, the trick to that is to change the oil filter about halfway through and then top off the oil if necessary. A good synthetic can last a long interval just fine, but the filter won't. I wouldn't advise doing extended intervals on standard non-synth oil.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hengst are not the AC Delco filters. The Ac Delco filters are made by the same company that makes the Mobil 1 filters. I have the collapse strength of the filter but does any body know the pressure relife setting of the valve in the filter cap?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Mobil 1 has good oil, never really was into their filters. Seems like they would go 5k with no problems, but thats beyond my limit on synthetic blend oil w/Fram filter. I generally go 3500 then fresh oil, here we go!

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Hengst are not the AC Delco filters. The Ac Delco filters are made by the same company that makes the Mobil 1 filters. I have the collapse strength of the filter but does any body know the pressure relife setting of the valve in the filter cap?
Mine are Hengst branded. I bought a 6 pack of these from CED.

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

Mobil 1 has good oil, never really was into their filters. Seems like they would go 5k with no problems, but thats beyond my limit on synthetic blend oil w/Fram filter. I generally go 3500 then fresh oil, here we go!
I try to avoid Fram like the plague. Too much crush for my liking.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.