Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who dont read CSS.net I'll share with everyone here :)

Boredom lead to this, i pulled my tail lights apart and made the middle ones functional, as well as made the outer ones brighter. Always, whatcha all think?

thoughts? comments? questions?

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
How'd you do it

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
I really wanted to do this when I had stock, please post a how to!

·
Registered
7 Posts
That looks cool I wanted to do it but didn't know where to start and haven't had time did it take long?

Sent from my PG06100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
47 Posts
that looks pretty damn cool! I want to know how did you do it too!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Im going to look through it, and if I find it I'll try and do the mod and then post a DIY.

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

UPDATE:

Seems easy enough. Just order the parts and I will have a DIY in the next couple of weeks!

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah just take them out of the trunk (pretty self explanitory lol) then ones they're out if you look at there backside, around the rim where the grey backing meets the red reflector there's Grey ....cement. Heat that up with a heat gun.. then.. using whatever cutting too you have(I used a a steel putting knife thing), jam it between the cement and reflector and run it around the edge.

It sounds odd...but once you get at it its pretty intuitive.

Use whatever lighting means you want, halo's LED's.. whatever, I used L.E.D chains, facing out as I didn't want them to see the individual bulbs.

make sure for the reverse lights you seal off the middle so light doesn't bleed through, I used weather stripping (not visible)

It's hard to make a "how to" on EVERY step with this, because I sorta just winged it, I was bored and just took a tail light out and just mucked around with it, i didn't even look at a how to on this.

·
Registered
5 Posts
StevoElsupremo, I really like the way you did your bulbs compared to others.
BTW people are calling this the "Skyline Tail Light Mod" Google that, and add the word Cobalt behind it, and you guys can hopefully find more info on how to do it.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
What did you use to reseal it?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.