Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 07 cobalt Ls 2.2, I heard a read a lot of negative thing that people have to say about modifying those cars and say it’s pointless!. How and why would it be pointless for modifying a car you own and what to look, sound and perform outstanding and have something unique that you can say you did yourself. I don’t wanna hear any down putting reply’s but actual replies from individuals how have actually modified those model of cobalt not the SS but the LS. What was you issues with doing so and what did you find give you the best hp and torque?. beside the ecu tune that comes after small hp and torque mods are taking care of

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ive heard the same negative opinions over the years about modding the 2.2s, even about the older Cavalier. But I'd say there are plenty of cars that people mod that arent going to be super fast. In fact doing reaseach, it seems modding my '06 is pointless. But if I can get a little extra zip from the car, why not, right? I mean people mod Hondas and they not all of them are that fast.

If for instance you were going to run the car in SCCA events, suspension mods would definitely be well worth it. Mines stock right now and I and leaning towards lowering it a little because the fender gap is ugly. It already needs control arms, struts, and shocks since they're original. The springs are relatively cheap but I'm still researching what will lower it to my liking with a good ride.

I may also get the aftermarket intake and exhaust. Not sure if i want a noisy car. Its been a while since ive had a loud exhaust on one of my cars.

Also I'd like some new wheels since the 15s look puny. But I'm not sure if going with larger wheels will just make it slower. I have found some wheels that I really like though in 17s.

I haven't had my Cobalt for very long. And it needs a bit of work still. Since I paid very little for the car, and mods are fairly cheap, I may just go ahead and make the car a little more interesting. Mines a sedan.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts