Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all...New guy has a question here for the group...

I see where many of you are doing all sorts of mods to your Cobalts...Does this not screw up your warranties?

Seems most manufacturers and dealers just look for any little excuse to deny you warranty coverage these days which is why I am asking the question...

Picking up my new Cobalt LS red coupe this afternoon...:)

All have a good day...

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Well, I'm sure I have voided my suspension & exhaust warranty, but as far as I know everything else is fine... took the car in a few weeks back to have the airbag fixed & it was covered... I'm sure certain mods void certion sections, at least I think that's how it works...

·
Registered
678 Posts
well some mods if you keep the original and just swap it back in b4 you go in for service then theres no difference

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
The warranty can only be voided on the specific part or any other part effected by the aftermarket part. So say you get a header, they could void the warranty on the downpipe and catalytic converter. But say you get a catback exhaust, and the cat goes out. you will be fine because your aftermarket modification did not effect it.

Another example, say you get an intake, and your window starts leaking water or something, the window would still be warrantied

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.