Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

241 - 259 of 259 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
yeah this will be my first re-do seeing as my previous vehicle was a '94 exploder.... -_-

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just finished painting the interior trim red as well as the side defroster vents. The vents look sick and are probably my favorite since they stand out so well. Did the door handles black but might change to red later on.

Also, I found a fellow balt out tonight at a pool party go figure. She didn't know of this site but I'm sure she'll be on soon. I helped her out and did both our balts over at once with a third break light "COBALT" stencil. She posted this picture afterwards. (I'm the red SS, her's the Silver LS)

"Found my sexy twin #06 ‪#‎Cobalt‬ ‪#‎3rdbreaklightmod‬"

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
Good stuff! Also good to see more New Yorkers!

·
Registered
55 Posts
i did a couple of things on this list. i installed a armrest which really is cool. went to a junkyard, got the bracket and everything for under $20. Two of the clips that hold the armrest up were broke, so i glued the broken pieces back in there. i took the cover on the armrest off and wrapped it with carbon fiber.

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
Don't know if this was mentioned, but the easiest, cheapest and a surprisingly effective 'mod' is always going to be weight reduction. Just like Gran Turismo, but it won't cost you 26,000 Credits. Start with simple things like loose objects or trash buildup. Move on to floor mats, cargo liner, engine cover, things like that. If you're serious, unbolt and remove the rear bench/passenger seat. You'll save a few pounds, which will yield somewhat better performance and fuel economy. I did all this and made the claim as to possibly owning the world's only four door, single seater car. Worth it if you regularly drive alone and if performance is your top priority.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Don't know if this was mentioned, but the easiest, cheapest and a surprisingly effective 'mod' is always going to be weight reduction. Just like Gran Turismo, but it won't cost you 26,000 Credits. Start with simple things like loose objects or trash buildup. Move on to floor mats, cargo liner, engine cover, things like that. If you're serious, unbolt and remove the rear bench/passenger seat. You'll save a few pounds, which will yield somewhat better performance and fuel economy. I did all this and made the claim as to possibly owning the world's only four door, single seater car. Worth it if you regularly drive alone and if performance is your top priority.
Sounds like a plan, but, where do you puts the girls(wife if you went that route)????:worried:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Detrim side bumpers on doors
nightshade tails
debadge
paint bowtie(s)
shorty antenna
custom mesh grills
paint interior trim/panels
tint headlighs
paint headlight housing
mudflaps delete- cut with scissors
paint calipers/ blend drums
trunk key hole plug
paint plastic grills black
paint engine valve cover
exhaust tip for looks
cobalt third brake light cover- ebay
resonator delete
engine dressup
paint muffler black

Ive done all of these, so any troubles, ask :)
How do I do the resonator delete and trunk key whole plug

·
Registered
36 Posts
Reserved on modifying

I have to admit I am cautious about modifications other than to performance but my wife loves added lights so I am thinking about adding some lights both to the interior and under the car. I have to check and see if the undercarriage lights are legal in Louisiana.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
he said its his wife, what woman doesn't like attention!

·
Super Moderator
11,820 Posts
Yeah, I would just go with foot well courtesy lighting. After I'm done installing the fog lights(if it can stops raining) I'm doing this to the 2010 project.

241 - 259 of 259 Posts