Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out this Saturday and when I stopped at the bank, I noticed that my passenger side headlight assembly was fogged up with moisture. I am very upset since this my Cobalt is only a year old. Now if the car was ten years old this could be expected. Heck the 2006 Cobalt I turned in last year NEVER had problems with headlight moisture. I have not done anything to the assembly or changed any of the bulbs so I am assuming this should be covered under warranty. Has anyone had a problem with dealerships not covering headlight assemblies? Is there a design flaw in the later (post 2006) headlight assemblies? Will this keep happening? Thanks in advance for any reply.

Wishing I had kept my 06 Balt.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
My 08 G5 did this on the driver's side at 6 months. Dealer replace entire headlamp assembly, no questions asked! No problems since on either side.

·
Registered
73 Posts
My car is only 7 months old and has water corrosion underneath the front chevy bowtie on my grill. I have tried to keep her in mint shape but every day I find a new fault, scratch, etc. Cant complain too much though, it is an econobox and I got a deal on her...

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Generally, it is a bad seal somewhere (Either where the bulbs go in, or more commonly where the lens is adhered to the assembly). Since you're under warranty, take it in and have them deal with it.

If you were out of warranty, the easy way to dry it up is to pull the headlight, remove the bulbs and rig a hairdryer to blow air into the lamp housing for a bit, then use some sillicon sealant to bead around where the lens and assembly meet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.