Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys heres some new pics of my interior progress...

what i did is painted my center console white. left the top black for now till i figure out EXACTLY what i want to do(kinda like it how it is but have other ideas)... i also painted my shifter plate white and did a super sneaky mod that as far as i know im the first to do...i painted the little red tab behind the letters(to show what gear your in) to match my car :D probably my most favorite mod so far... its something little but really makes it nice if you ask me... all the little things count!

i still have more to do i got to finish my shift knob and reinstall it with my boot then paint the rear vent panels to match the console! hopefully have those tomorrow or sat... then onto my kick panels ... eventually when i have time one weekend i will paint the little corners of my dash so they match but till then its gonna be black

check out the pics let me know what you think!

till next time...

·
Registered
618 Posts
OMG Come paint my interior for me!!!!!!! looks so nice.....how did you paint it?.....sanding? what kinda paint what color?? thanks!!!!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks again ... hah im so nervous everytime i get in or move my seat i dont wanna mess it up lol i guess its good though makes me be careful!! glad you like! im doing more and more everyday i hope to have all my interior except my headliner and seats done my summer... so far so good...

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
again your in cali haha... i wont lie its hard to do ... or at least hard to do right! basically all i did is clean it really well. then scuff with grey scuff pad wet with sand soap and then adhesion promoter and then my paint which im using SEM color coat paint(its a flexible paint) the color number is #15313 if you look at theyre chip book... the black i used on my A-Pillars (and soon other panels) is called satin black, also from SEM #15243

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what you mean i just gave all the info?

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
god damn i love that white paint. Looks kickass man A+

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OHHH i was like i just said! haha

the green paint code is GS290 i believe (i cant remember of the top of my head i have it at work) its a dupont color i picked a chip out of the solid green chip book and used that... its an automotive car paint you couldnt go to the store and get it i dont think!...

to do those i just cleaned them real nicey nice and then sanded with 1000 cleaned them again then applied Dupont 222 (adhesion promoter) and then the paint base then cleared it! thats all... im a painter at a body shop so thats why i have access to this stuff! sorry for the confusion

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks!

·
Registered
186 Posts
looks good man! just gotta get that mtn dew sponsor

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks guys!

·
Registered
856 Posts
That's awesome! I want to paint my interior as well, but just don't have the time yet. The silver on the driver side door panel has been rubbing off (been there since I bought it from the previous owner)... Just from hand oils and stuff... I was thinking about doin blue though since I have blue LEDs... Idk... But yours just makes me realize how good mine could look when I'm done! Well done.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanks buddy... i know the feeling the more i do the more i want to get done so that i can see the finished product...but i have to stay patient cause once things get rushed thats when things go wrong... so i just got to take it slow and do it right...

i recently reinstalled my shift knob and boot ill have pictures soon!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.