Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Rocket Power
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently, the fuel conditioner didn't work 100%...I still have a small miss at idle. Then today, the CEL light came on as well as the traction light and 'Service Traction' in the DIC! Wonder what broke? I'll be calling for a service appointment today. I'm also going to have it checked for loss of power and poor MPG's plus the high beam problem I mentioned in another thread. That sounds like a lot of service for a car with 15K on it! :amazed: I'm getting a little concerned here, guys...

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Hmmm this doesn't sound good...better get it all checked. Warranty's still good then right?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Rocket, I'm jealous! All my crap happened just 3 months out of the warranty!! :-( Good luck, though. Mine's STILL missing at idle, and unfortunately still not throwing any CELs. (And post here or PM me what they do if they get it fully fixed, please!!)

·
Rocket Power
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It got even worse last night! CEL light is now on along with the traction control light and it was missing BAD. Never stalled or anything but it was bucking like a bronco. Hopefully they can pull some good codes and get it fixed quick. I have an appointment for Tuesday morning. Driving a company delivery van for a few days! :amazed:

My Mom got the extended warranty when she bought the car new and I paid $50 to transfer it to me when I got it. Well worth it, IMO...

·
Rocket Power
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Woot! Car is done! It turned out to be a bad coil that controls the traction control computer or something. I'll post better info as soon as I get more info. They also aligned it for me under warranty so hopefully it drives straight this time! More details after test drive...:bigsmile:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.