I had 148
+ 5 hp with the cold air=153
+15 hp with the mass air flow = 168
+13 hp with the stage = 181

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
you got a dyno sheet to show?

mass airflow with those jet chips did not give you 28hp.. stock ratings at the crank for the 2.2L is 150hp.. you dont see anything over 130whp stock on a dyno and you cant just add your "expected hp return" onto whatever numbers you supposedly had because those expected numbers are soooooo wrong its rediculous..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I raced against my friend that has an 06 Cobalt SS/NS and I beated him, I must have over 171 hp, don't you think ? just asking :)

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I raced against my friend that has an 06 Cobalt SS/NS and I beated him, I must have over 171 hp, don't you think ? just asking :)
still calling bs... it could've been a drivers race for all i know on that ss/na, so i really doesnt mean much in retrospect..

just a simple dyno sheet pic would put me in my place you know.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Yes, I agree it's hard to argue with a posted Dyno chart or a Police ticket.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
hey dude my father installed these things, he knows what he's talking about...he's selling tuning parts... I think he better knows what he's talking about than a guy that tunes an automatic cobalt...no i don't have a dyno sheet, do what you want with it...

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
hahahahhhaahaha

you really expect me to believe that graph?

those curves are nowhere near what a dyno looks like on a 2.2L (unless you have the lowest low end torque numbers in the world of cobalts). and your dyno apparently sets you at 100hp and 115tq before you even start your run..... seriously.......... lol

i agree with coby7, its normally hard to argue dyno graphs... but not this one; this one is a fake. I can post a link to entire threads on the topic if you care to look at what a "real" modded to stock 2.2L graph looks like.

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
I hate to say it but I agree with everyone else...I have a full tune, and all bolt on mods and I don't even think I'm at 180 whp yet. I haven't dyno'd it (and won't for awhile now *cries*) but I'm guessing that with Intake, 2.4 intake manifold, Bad mab shorty header, catless dp, cat back exhaust, trifecta tune, and all of the suspension mods I've done, I think I am being pretty generous when I say I am around 165-170 whp

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
That graph should take a steep dive after max power if it is a 2.2l ecotech. 6100rpm if it isn't camed.

This is a typical 2.2l ecotech N/A stock graph.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Yes, simple but accurate. Maybe he will start to understand that we are not all fools.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.