Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, so this is kind of an update as well as something pretty cool for you guys to hear.

Well as some of you may know, the last time I was on I had blown a rod on my 09 SS/TC by taking on water through my intake. Well, I was waiting for the insurance to do their job and replace the motor, to which became a HUGE hassle. So, it was around Thanksgiving when the insurance finally told me it was a garunteed no that they weren't going to replace the motor due to water damage, even though the inspector AND the mechanics at the dealership all told them it was from the water. So, now I have to get my car back to my house from the dealer after it had been there for almost 3 months. I go to the dealer and tell them that the upcoming Saturday I would be in there to get my car (the one right after Thanksgiving). They said that was fine and they would have the car ready for me to pick up on Saturday. Well I come down to the dealership on that Saturday, and guess what.... My car was GONE. Nowhere on the lot at all. SOO, I immediately raised a BUNCH of hell with the dealership asking where the hell my car was. So they told me to ask the Service Manager on Monday if they know where my car was. So I waited. On Monday I called the service manager, and they told me my car was repo'd by my finance company (to which is really weird as I was still paying on it and had never missed or was late on a payment, even when it was non-drivable). So, it took me a few weeks to get ahold of someone about my car with the finance company (as it was through like 4 different banks before I got the main one). So as I'm talking to my finance company (now Dec 14th), I ask them if they had any information regarding my car and why it was repo'd. They told me that the car was repo'd because the dealership asked them to repo it as they were claiming it as an abandoned car... WTF?? So, I politely asked them where my car was and what I need to go about doing getting my car back, and this is the kicker. They told me they had SOLD my car!!! How the **** do you sell a car someone is STILL paying on? They told me they sent me a letter letting me know that my car was repo'd and they never heard back from me so they just auctioned it off!! Keep in mind a letter like that HAS to come by signature/certified mail so SOMEONE HAS to sign for it. Well nobody here with my mail system has seen this "letter" they sent me. SO, I got ahold of an attorney, and a few personal friends of mine that are attorneys and judges, and told them what happened. They told me to get all my paperwork together so they could look it over (basically all my receipts for all my payments). Well it was directly taken out of my checks, so I had those as proof AND my bridge finance company showed me making my payments to them and them paying the bank what I owed them, so there I have 2 receipts for proof. Well after getting all my paperwork done and in order I took the stuff I had to an attorney today, he looked all of it over, and told me this was an open and shut case, and I have a 100% garuntee to win if I were to sue the finance company and he can garuntee almost $100k to me (as he is going to go after them for the price of a new balt ss, all my performance parts, all my upgrades, my Army gear that was in my car (government property which I never got back that is about 10k alone there), and to reset my credit back to what it was because of the repo on my report now, AND get me compensation for the money I had to spend getting taxi's and whatnot to get around and for the emotion stress they have caused to me. So right there is the most EXPENSIVE purchase of a cobalt when I win this case. So the bank will pay me almost $100k for a $20k car. Guess they should have thought this through a little more before they did it huh?:bigsmile:

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, the only sad part about the WHOLE situation is that I no longer have a balt :( *cry* I will miss that car VERY much. I'm still debating weather or not to get another one or get an AWD car for the Michigan winters. Haven't fully decided yet.

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so why can't you just get your car back?
Because it was already sold to someone. I tried to get it back, but it was already registered and re-titled to someone else.

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
First things 1st, sry 4 ur lose *moment of silence please....*
Secondly... Who the F fixed the car is what I wanna know!!! Did the bank end up fixing it or did they sell as is an the guy that bout it fixed it????

·
Cornier Than Ethanol
866 Posts
First things 1st, sry 4 ur lose *moment of silence please....*
Secondly... Who the F fixed the car is what I wanna know!!! Did the bank end up fixing it or did they sell as is an the guy that bout it fixed it????
I was kinda wondering this too. Could anytone tell you if that car had actually been fixed before it was auctioned?

·
Registered
317 Posts
:mad:
Go after the dealer also, for reporting it abandoned.
x2

and how funny would it be if another member on this site bought the car...:laugh: even tho its not funny that you lost your car:mad:

i hope i didnt sound like an a-hole

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well I'm not sure if they fixed it or not, I'm sure not because the finance company wants to make their money so they would have sold it for cheap and after that they would want to charge me for the remaining balance. I've thought about going after the dealer, but I'm not too sure. I'll talk to the attorney on this thought. I'll definitely keep you guys updated for sure.

---------- Post added at 03:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 AM ----------

Hell 100K.I'd get an ss/sc and a four wheel drive for the winter months.
Nah, I'd get another ss/tc if I get another balt.

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
Please own the shit out of these ****tards!!!

Was this dealer in MI or NC?

·
Registered
446 Posts
EPIC WIN!!!!!.......with a slight hint of epic lose. That's awesome that you're scoring that much money. I guess you won't be going to that dealership after all that.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.