Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just recently bought a 4 18x8 4x100/4x110 motegi mr8's and a BRAND new pair of Riken Raptors for $250.

The guy basically ****ed me over and two of the damn wheels are cracked from the inside. Im in MO and I was wondering if anyone knows where I can buy a set of them w/o the tires.

Theres 1 17" on ebay and ive searched a whole 500+ mile radius of craigslist. Any info will help

And BTW they dont make these anymore

·
Registered
505 Posts
Those 17" rims are mine. Probably. I have motegi's for sale and I am willing to get rid of them for at least $500-550. Text me if you're interested, 573-680-6871

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Damn... I dont have that much right now but i"ll keep that in mind.

And yeah i gotta few bats of my own lol. He drives a damn civic so he'll be seeing me soon ;)

·
Registered
505 Posts
How much are you willing to offer?

I have put at least $800 into these wheels with BRAND NEW tires. Losing money on them badly.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I have put at least $800 into these wheels with BRAND NEW tires. Losing money on them badly.
Well I just dropped $250 on B&G's and i have brand new riken raptors... Im probably just going to send the wheel off and get it fixed or just JB weld the crack.

Do you know of any places out by CoMo that will do that stuff? The nearest one here in STL got trashed by a tornado.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Nope sorry bro. Don't go to como much but I know there's a few shops around there that might do that stuff. Just call around or check online. If you know anyone wanting nice aftermarket rims send them my way. I'll sell them pretty cheap

·
Registered
810 Posts
thats why i hate buying used

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Alright will do!

·
Registered
505 Posts
Thanks

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Yeah, a big rule of thumb on upgrading your vehicle...NEVER EVER BUY EBAY or CRAIGSLIST. Most are badly worn out and the seller wants to make as much possible money out of you, so he can get his financial problems back to par.

Most sellers ask ridiculous prices on Craigslist to begin with. I say sell it for 50% for what you paid for if opened at all.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What about just fixing the crack. The tires alone are $400... Maybe 20 miles on them.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Go to a tire repair shop, get the tires fixed. Did you think you'd flawless rims and a brand new pair of tires $250? Should still be a decent deal after the repair.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My plan was to go to get them repaired but I kid you not the only place that repaired wheels close to me got destroyed by a tornado...

·
Registered
505 Posts
My plan was to go to get them repaired but I kid you not the only place that repaired wheels close to me got destroyed by a tornado...
He ain't kidding

·
Registered
166 Posts

ouch sorry to hear that boss if u were closer to the KC side id help ya look for that civic ;)

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Haha thanks bud. I texted him and the dumb vagina wouldnt text me back. He wouldn't answer my calls either. But i know where he lives ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.