Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I upgraded my speakers and added an amp but decided to retain the factory head unit just because I do not like how aftermarket units look, they always stand out and never really fit in with the rest of the interior of the car.

The other day I came across the Motevo GTV GMC1 which apparently is a direct drop in for the factory radio. It has navigation, ipod integration, rado, cd, and usb capabilities. It sounds like a cool unit.

I have one friend who has heard that Motevo is a good brand, but he has never even seen one of the units. Has anyone had any experience with this brand or this specific unit?

Thanks in advance,
Alex

Motevo GTV-GMC1 (GM/Chevrolet) (gtvgmc1) Other In-Dash Special Fit Receivers In-Dash Car Stereo Receivers and Head Units Car Audio and Video - Sonic Electronix

Motevo Mobile Media
- click on "Product" then "Factory OE-Fit" then "GM Chevrolet"

·
Registered
450 Posts
that factory oe-fit one loks nice i wish it had a price on it tho or even a part number

·
Registered
618 Posts
idk its all well n good but aftermarket can provide so much more for a lot less $$$$$ but some ppl like the factory looks so......i agree that aftermarket looks "wierd" but its not a big deal...

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm like you, I like the factory headunit and always think aftermarkets look weird. Though, I don't think I'd pay $750 for a radio... aftermarket or not. I've never heard of the company, but it does look extremely nice though.

·
Registered
96 Posts
OK so this brand is European made... aparently Italy... so they say.... But u know in this world everything is made in "Italy" with Chinese, taiwan, korean components everything is the same!!!!! I like the idea tho I'd say go for it you have a one year warranty!

you know i have a head unit form SONY that actually matches my black and red interior...

·
Registered
450 Posts
i like it because it fits perfectly and is a touch screen

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you know i have a head unit form SONY that actually matches my black and red interior...
Colors may match, but I'm willing to bet that if the average person who knew anything about cars looked at it, they would immediately know that it wasn't factory. I'm going for a super clean, sleeper look for my car.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Ohh now i get what you trying to do .... there is a mod on how to change the color on all you interior lighting i think using a sharpie pen dat cud work hehe.... but if the price is not an issue go for that radio you mention

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
there is a mod on how to change the color on all you interior lighting i think using a sharpie pen dat cud work hehe.... but if the price is not an issue go for that radio you mention
Yeah, I saw that, its an interesting idea. But thats not what I am trying to acomplish with the radio. Replacing a head unit has more than a cosmetic effect, it adds features (nav & ipod) as well as improving sound quality if you get a good one.

·
Registered
317 Posts
did u put a high low converter in ur car for the amp

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
did u put a high low converter in ur car for the amp
Originally I did have a line level converter installed but I was getting lots of engine noise through the speakers so after trying a few different things (ground loop isolators, adjusting the gain settings, ect..) I ended up taking it out. Kicker amps can receive high level input signals as well as line level. So I have it connected as a high level input and I have no interference, it all went away.

I wasn't using the highest quality line out converter, so I think thats what the problem was, but I got my money back for it and it sounds amazing the way I have it set up so I don't really see any reason to put one back in.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Has anyone found any similar headunit that is a direct fit? Like one with more options for vehical interface maybe built in such as showing speed and G force and stuff like that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I guess nobody has personally dealt with this unit or the Motevo brand?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.