Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, all. I have a 2006 Cobalt LS, 2.2l w/ a manual transmission. I have gotten different quotes from different shops, and also can not for the life of me find the mounts I need on the internet. I believe there are 4 mounts, 2 motor and 2 transmission. I'm probably wrong. Can anyone tell me the different mounts and possibly list/link the parts and their numbers? I'd like to change them out myself if I can, but I need to know what to buy. Thank you in advance :smile2:

·
Say What again!
6,033 Posts
Are you just looking for stock replacement mounts, or upgraded performance mounts?

There should be one motor mount and three transmission mounts.

This actually should give you all the part numbers and a nice diagram:

ENGINE & TRANSMISSION MOUNTING-L4

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not too sure yet to be honest. I'm leaning more towards the performance mounts, I want to make my car a sleeper. Maybe take it to the track once I'm done with school and have a daily driver. What would you recommend?

·
Say What again!
6,033 Posts
I'd recommend the TTR stuff, as that is what I have: Drivetrain - Turbo Tech Racing

I will warn you, the vibrations are very, very large. But you won't have wheelhop should you choose to push some real power through the car, so its a tradeoff.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is there any video showing the vibrations? I really would like the upgraded mounts, but if it's too bad I'm not gonna want to deal with it for too long

·
Say What again!
6,033 Posts
You won't be able to tell via a video, it has to be felt.

Given what I've done to my car, it just adds to the package, and I know it's there for a purpose so I don't mind. You get used to it - and its fun to see other people's reactions.

It honestly just feels like a long sub hit - and it's most prominent when mine shifts into 4th gear at low RPM. You don't really notice it as much as you do then. Yours being a manual may be different all together.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gotcha, alright. I appreciate everything, thank you. I'm probably going to go with the performance mounts then

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.