Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
I have 100% anti mpg mods
^^Love it.

And ya camo lowering should increase mpg, specially since our car sits sooo damn high stock! eibachs etc. must really reduce the airodynamic drag by lowering like 2 front and 2.5 back.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
lowest drop I've seen are b&g springs, or coilovers of course.
Ya im seriously considering getting B&G springs with KYB GR2 shocks and struts, but I do drive my car all winter and where i live theres tons of snow....dont think itll be a problem though. If ppl think B&G are too low for the winters here, then i will go with sportlines....what do you think?

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
if you're gonna spend that kinda dough just get the megan coilovers. they're 900 bucks 32 way adjustable
nah. $500 is almost half $900. and i dunno how good the qualit of the megan coilovers are either. The kyb and b&g seem like more solid brands. It's not gonna be a track car, just a sweet street car.

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
well I would say long trips on freeways with cruise control. Takes a lot of patience. Goes by faster if u dose off...lol

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
nah. $500 is almost half $900. and i dunno how good the qualit of the megan coilovers are either. The kyb and b&g seem like more solid brands. It's not gonna be a track car, just a sweet street car.
have you never heard of megan????? where have you been????????????

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
I knew a Megan once. She was HOT!!!

Seriously, the best mod for mpg is to mod your driving habits. Aside from that going up on the tire pressure is another good one.

Lowering can increase your mpg, but not much at all. To work the underside of the car you need to clean it up so the air has a clean path from the front out the back. Airdams and "belly pans" work very well. When one of these is combined with lowering it works wonders.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
ok...b&g springs sag. KYB is good, but honestly it's still going to handle like stock. the only thing those struts are really good for is lowering and keeping stock dampening.
megan racing coilovers are the old version of the new BC coilovers just with camber plates. they're 32 way adjustable and I can tell you BC makes some really good stuff.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
ok...b&g springs sag. KYB is good, but honestly it's still going to handle like stock. the only thing those struts are really good for is lowering and keeping stock dampening.
megan racing coilovers are the old version of the new BC coilovers just with camber plates. they're 32 way adjustable and I can tell you BC makes some really good stuff.
well the setup would be better than keeping stock shocks/struts with lowering springs. Anyways if i have the money then coilovers, but if not then screw it i just wanna lower my ride and make sure that the shocks/struts will not blow after a short time. it's not like some race car...maybe after i turbo i will upgrade to coilovers but for $900USD (have yet to find megan coils for that cheap...last i saw was like $1000 i think), i feel it's alot of money. It's not a track car.

*edit found some at like $800, maybe ill consider them if i can find for this price or less nxt spring. Now pm me if you wanna argue more :p

back to mpg convos. I was getting a solid 6 all the way home tonight from my gf's. Good sh*t :D then the last few slower roads home brought it up a lil bit.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
not sure whats the most efficient speed. id say also between 45-55. Depends alot on the weather, like this morning it was so windy i had to do 8L/100km the first bit when i usually do 6L/100km

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.