Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, was wondering if anybody can recommend a place where I can find mud flaps for my 2010 ss. I also want to know if anybody can recommend a good bra for the front end.

Phil

·
Registered
867 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Try any autoparts stores, Ebay, Craiglist, body shops in your area to get factory stuff off of wreck cars(have done that, if parts are good).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, thanks for the replies. I know flaps and a bra wouldn't do the ss justice, i am just looking for ways to protect it as much as I possibly can. I want it to look as good as it does 5 years from now and beyond. ya know

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
when my buddy got a 1999 camaro he took the bra of and there was all this shit stuck under it and green stuff, and moss and all this other fun stuff under it, and paint faded where the bra was and looks like a chicks tan line now lol, I wouldnt do the bra thing man

3M sells a product that shops put on, its an invisible bumper wrap thats completely clear and it works amazingly....look into that instead....seriously lol

·
Registered
29 Posts
Clear bra is an awesome upgrade and does a fantastic job of protecting the car, but it can be expensive. A pre-cut kit is usually about $300 depending on how much coverage it provides. The problem is that installing it is a job best left to someone who knows what they're doing. I've seen people attempt to install it themselves, trust me you don't want to try it. I had a pre-cut one done on a car, $300 for the kit, $300 labor. The last kit I had done on my Z06 was a custom job that the guy did for $1000, but he normally charges $1,500 for the job I got. So you see what I'm talking about when I say expensive.

GM sells contoured splash guards for the Cobalt, about $100 for 4:

http://www.gmaccessorieszone.com/Chevrolet/2010/Cobalt/Splash Guards - Front/?src=chevrolet&tx_gmshopb2b_pi1[type]=gm

http://www.gmaccessorieszone.com/Chevrolet/2010/Cobalt/Splash Guards - Rear/?src=chevrolet&tx_gmshopb2b_pi1[type]=gm

Dog

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
yeah I don't recommend getting one of those cloth/vinyl bras. they actually damage your car's paint. they constantly rub the paint and dirt gets trapped inside of it and that really makes things bad. plus they trap moisture and cause mold and nasty stuff. just an FYI

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.