Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2.2 LS and I'm looking into swapping to an aftermarket muffler, but keeping all my other exhaust components stock. I'm not looking for performance since I'm aware that the only thing to do to make the LS perform good is adding a turbo or SC. All I'm looking for is a little bit louder and deeper tone. Does anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
922 Posts
you could get a weld on axle back ( basically just a muffler), or you can get a full cat back.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Am I the only one on here with a $500+ exhaust, granted I bought it used for a bit less.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
My turbo checked over by BorgWarner and DP, charge pipes and intercooler wasn't even that much, $700 cash. Spent way more than that on the suspension though, I finally got the suspension to where I want it to be so now I can focus on adding the power.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm thinking about buying a Borla or Flowmaster. Anybody know the stock exhaust size on an LS?

·
Registered
922 Posts
I'm thinking about buying a Borla or Flowmaster. Anybody know the stock exhaust size on an LS?
I don't really remember from when I took mine off... but it is a pretty small diameter. Also at some of the bends the diameter drops below 1.5 inches...

·
Registered
435 Posts
Look into a Flowmaster 60 series delta flow. Made for 4cyl applications and sounds far from a Civic fartcan.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Look into a Flowmaster 60 series delta flow. Made for 4cyl applications and sounds far from a Civic fartcan.
Based on your signature, the rest of your exhaust isn't stock though, is it?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.