Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend has a cf wrapped muffler that he wants to sell to me. I can get it real cheap. the only problem is idk how itll look. its got a 3 inch tip on it and the part that they have to weld is four inches. Does anyone have a muffler like this so i can c what it would look like. Id also appreciate some feedback. Thnx guys.

·
Registered
561 Posts
If the part they have to weld is 4 inches, they might have a problem...Our stock pipe is under 3 inches...may be an adapter...Here is my car with a 3 1/2 inch tip.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
well, being the muffler guru here(not to say anyone else isnt), i have the factory tip on my balt, but i am running str8 pipe for a muffler(not illegal here).........if done right, it doesnt matter how much there is to weld.......if there are pics, it would most definitely help me walk you through it all

·
Registered
33 Posts
well, being the muffler guru here(not to say anyone else isnt), i have the factory tip on my balt, but i am running str8 pipe for a muffler(not illegal here).........if done right, it doesnt matter how much there is to weld.......if there are pics, it would most definitely help me walk you through it all
Please tell me those aren't fake hood scoops and matching fake roof scoops... :(

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
not for much longer, my hood has a date with a body shop(my friend does professional body work, he's gonna make them work) as for the roof, i havent decided whether or not to put holes in my roof

·
Registered
561 Posts
Could you post a vid or sound clip of your Balt, I'm curious what it sounds like with str8 pipes.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Could you post a vid or sound clip of your Balt, I'm curious what it sounds like with str8 pipes.
i could try, but i wont have it till next weekend......i will post it here when i do

it sounds freakin cool, but as i warned, you will have to check the laws in your respective states as to noise levels and if a muffler is mandatory.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Oh in California it is definately manditory...lol
In California if you look at your exhaust wrong you break the law. Hell Nugs you might have broken the emission law just saying it's manditory in California. lol

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
In California if you look at your exhaust wrong you break the law. Hell Nugs you might have broken the emission law just saying it's manditory in California. lol
i know now where not to travel with my cobalt, oh wait, they cant hit me for no muffler, cause i have ALBERTA PLATES!!!!!!! FTMFW!:D

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
how cheap can you get it for ?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Here is the mufffler kobaltkrazy. Just go to this website.

http://www.mufflermall.com/images/mufflers/CFBLACK.jpg
it looks like any other fart can i have put on, it should be simple to weld it to the rest of the system, all they do is put in an inch long sleeve to make up the gap, then weld the thing to it............piece of cake, and if they have issues, well, find a better exhaust guy

(sorry, i just dont like those round mufflers normally found on hondas, and it looks like one)

btw, i'd think about taking out the bolt-in silencer, it would sound better

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea ill definitly take out the silencer. Im not sure how much he wants for it. I think he was saying $50 but i wont go more than $40. I should be able to get it in 2-3 days.I think ill take it and get it installed at meinike.I heard its not too expensive over thers.

·
Registered
450 Posts
hey nugz quick questions what exhaust is that, how much was it and how does it sound? because it looks sick

·
Registered
165 Posts
I am looking into a magnaflow but cant afford it, however, if your looking for a temp solution to the big gray box that hangs you can always paint it.

I have more pics on my laptop at home if your interested/

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.