Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:nuts: My 2008 Cobalt loses power for like 3-5 secs then it will be ok for about 30-45 secs then loses power again while driving along no A/C or heat on.It sort of feels like all of a sudden you hit a big puddle of molasses(syrup) then you're back to normal.Weird.! Does anyone have any suggestions about this problem?.!Here's a pic of my car
:blink1:

·
Banned
384 Posts
when you say lose power, is it stalling or are you just driving and your rpms are going down?

do you have any mods?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
My car sucks with the A/C on.... Feels like it loses a tremendous amount of power

·
Banned
384 Posts
hmm the only thing i can think of would be if you had mods. best thing is take her in to the dealer. you should still be warrantied

·
Registered
575 Posts
Does it say engine power reduced for a second on ur dispaly?

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Actually the ECM should be detecting something (low fuel pressure, ignition interruption). Anytime something like this happens check to see if any codes are stored -- if you can't take it to a dealer right away Autozone or other parts houses can check for codes (DTCs) if you don't own a code reader -- and ask them to check for "pending" codes too.

Anyone that owns a modern car (OBD II) should consider owning a code reader (and with the erase function too) cost about $60-$80. On a trip if you get a CEL (actually GM calls it a SES - service engine soon light) it can give you "peace of mind" if it's just a loose gas cap rather then continuing to drive wondering what could be wrong!!!!!LoL!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.