Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this car in Sept 09 and have had nothing but trouble. Its been in the shop a dozen times and it has less than 20000 kms on it. Most of these issues happened in the first 8000 kms. All started only 2 weeks after I purchased it.

Problems include - Struts, Steering column, Car alarm malfunction, 3 doors had to be welded, heater fan replaced, front bushing issues, driver side window sticking, gas milage sucks, displays blink on and off. Every week I hear a new sound that was not there before. I have wasted over 30 hrs of my time at the shop and dealing with rentals and customer service not to mention the back and forth with the manufactors.

I had less issues with my Hyundia Elandra which was 7 years old.

I would not recommend this car to anyone, unless they want to burn it!!!!!

·
Registered
186 Posts
mines been more then perfect! maybe just one of those issues where luck of the draw... meaning anything in a production line will some time make something with problems

·
Registered
319 Posts
September 09?

·
Registered
186 Posts
hahaha good call out ... assuming sept 08

·
Registered
43 Posts
I think he meant he bought his 09 in sept 08.

Check the build date/location form the car and post back the info.

The guy down the street from me bought a 07 silverado and it had tons of issues. In fact it had so many issues that the dealer had Chevy approve a 100k bumper to bumper on that truck. He has a contract from chevy that states everything is covered till 100k.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
no problems with my LT, i love it and would reccomend it to anyone. Maybe you just got a lemon. You guys have the lemon law up in canada?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Had my 09 ls for 3 months now have put 4500miles on it so far which Im guessing equates to about 6000 or so kms, and havent had a single issue with it and get goo gas millage. My guess is you just got a dud, all companies have them, thats why there is the lemon law in most places.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
IDK dude i got my 05 LS like 4 years ago, with 21,000 mi. on her and have had only a couple issues that aren't even problems(knocks on wood) like squeaky blower motor and other rattles. No mechanical issues tho.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I have never had a problem with my LT. Did you have a title search done? Maybe it was a salvaged vehicle.

·
Registered
416 Posts
'08 LS here and no problems yet, well other than stupid things that were my fault...:embarrest:

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
I got the LS version and i have had no probelms with my car, its a great buy, i put the cold air intake, from GM performance on it and got ICW KOBE racing rims. I plan to put the header and the performance exhaust from GM on my car soon. My cobalt on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Welcome Hellspawn! Glad to see I convinced you to get on here :nuts:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No Lemon Law here just alot of red tape and distractions. We are proceeding with a process called CAMVAP which is similar to court. Sad thing is the manufacturer is saying taht unless it is not a safety issue we have to live with this car while the value continues to decline. I feel it is a Lemon the more I speak with others and they are suprised cause their car runs so well.

The manufacturer is not living up to the standard they set for this car when I bought it. Even now they have a promotion on called "Take The Cobalt Challenge And Win". For me "Challenge" has a different meaning.

If I only could get past all the customer service distractions and speak to some real decision makers I may get some results.

·
Registered
802 Posts
i dont know where you live but in florida that car would defintley qualify for the lemon law and you'd be gettin a new car

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.