Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here are the two best ones i did, it began to get hot out so i wasn't doing as well as i was when it was cool out i gotta work on launching!!

Keep in mind this is my FIRST time at the drag strip in a manual.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Being your first time out with the car that's probably not too bad. Was it your first time in RWD too? From the looks of your 60ft if you could get your launch down you'd run some pretty respectable times.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Good job for the first time with a stick. It can be a bit tricky going from auto to a stick. Get those reaction times down and get the car to hook up so your 60ft times are better and you'll see much better 1/4 mile times. =)

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes jason, first time in a stick, RWD. Definately need to figure out how to do better on my launches and reactiont ime

·
Registered
75 Posts
Good job for the first time with a stick. It can be a bit tricky going from auto to a stick. Get those reaction times down and get the car to hook up so your 60ft times are better and you'll see much better 1/4 mile times. =)
reaction times don't affect your times usually

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
reaction times and your 60' do affect your 1/4 mile times. as you can tell tell they are 2.5 and 2.5 my best friend does 2.1's in his cobalt. by having a high 60' it meant i was spinning. and your reaction time does play a part. by the way for you cobalt owners. i ran against him twice, the first one that he got when they opened the track

(1st run out there)
R/T: .195
60': 2.336
330: 6.235
1/8: 9.357
MPH: 78.73
1000: 12.039
1/4: 14.291
MPH: 99.31

the 2nd time i was paired up against him
R/T: .247
60': 2.352
330: 6.157
1/8: 9.215
MPH: 80.09
1000: 11.853
1/4: 14.066
MPH: 101.54

the 14.0 was his best time of the day reason: his water pump seized...and now we have to figure out how to fix it...his s/c was NOT cooling down.

·
Banned
384 Posts
I thot SIR didnt open til feb.

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
not bad for your first time and all, I do great at launching on the street but I am sure my first time at the strip I am going to look horrible haha, alittle different I am sure staring down a tree, having someone next to ya hell bent on not looking to rediculous aswell and people sittin watching and thinking "what, that is a slow car blah blah" not taking in the fact it may be the person first time out haha. I may even write, first timer on my rear window when I go :)

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lol
no it's not like that see most of the people who "test n tune" they are pro's tuning their cars or kids trying to show off. The only thing that made me nervous was trying not to screw up. I didn't want to stall/slide/hop the whole way down. Thankfully i just didn't get the launching down. But that's the thing everyone's like you should have been faster omg i'm like hello...first time at the track with a manual. And as you said it's WAY different then on the street. The track's are prepped, you get some decent grip and you have to time your launches just right. Where as on the street you're at a stop light you just gun it and go lol

·
Registered
575 Posts
They are tested at right at 15's flat quarter but also u have to take a bunch of things into consideration such as driver, weight (gas and driver plus other stuff in the car) and elevation.

·
Registered
673 Posts
The twin turbo RX-7 would have been a way better investment with Mazda IMO
Not really considering you'd have to rebuild the motor on a regular basis. lol

wow... I really thought those RX-8's were faster than that... for such an expensive "performance" car... they're kinda slow...
They are low-mid 15 second cars.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
erm..my reply got deleted oopsay.

Yes thank you gotta work on the 60"

·
Registered
284 Posts
um what happened to it all....

·
Registered
284 Posts
it was going in the right direction... we were fixing things.. who ever deleted it all should have let it run its course... we were self resolving...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.