Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I want to express my apologies to all the members here, especially my fellow staff members. I feel as tho I have as of lately been letting you guys down pretty bad. I have not been on here performing my duties as much as I should be. With that being said I will give you guys an update as to what is going on with me that is taking most of my time.

First and foremost I have recently started a new job working for Freightliner/DTNA corporation. I work a LOT of hours there, and I work night shifts so I'm generally not getting back home until about 1 or 2 AM. I work on average 10-12 hours a day. While the pay is nice, my personal time is taking a huge hit because of it.

Secondly, as most of you may remember, 2 years ago, I was involved in a pretty big court ordeal in regards to custody of my son (whom I have full time right now). Well, court has re-surfaced, and now I'm in constant contact with my attorney and making many visits to KY in preparation for the next court date (which is the final court date and could possibly be the same court date my sons mom is tossed in jail or prison). Now while having my son full time is the biggest and best blessing I could ever ask for, he does take the remainder of my time that I have (as he is 2 now and all parents know what that is like lol).

Also, some of you may know, I no longer have my Evo. Due to my last job, I did not have the finances to keep the evo anymore, so I got rid of it and got a truck (95 2500 Ram, 12v cummins diesel). Things were pretty bad and were pretty rough, but I was squeaking by. Then I started having slight issues with my truck, then it just stopped. Well I was on my way to work when it stopped. Went to work and when I came back to my truck right after my shift (10 miles from my shop), my truck was gone, and nobody knows where it's at. I've called the Police, and the State Police, EVERY towing company around my area, and nobody has seen, or grabbed it. So now, I'm officially without a vehicle AGAIN, and this makes the 2nd vehicle of mine that has been stolen. So that adds to the list of issues going on.

Now with all of that being said, I'm not making excuses for my lack of ability to get on, it is my responsibility to make sure I uphold to the same standards that are put forth onto the staff members here, so I will do just that. Again I am sorry for my neglect in that aspect, and from now on I will make a good effort to be on here at the minimum of once a week. I may not be posting, but I will definitely be moderating, answering pm's and anything else that needs my attention. If I have nothing that needs addressed when I get on, then I will probably do a little posting as well.

Thanks for understanding, and I look forward to seeing this place thrive again as it once did.

·
Registered
266 Posts
just take it one day at a time and things will get better, i would invest in a club for the next vehicle or even a removable steering wheel though!

glad to just have dedicated staff!

·
Say What again!
6,033 Posts
I don't see anything as neglect - you got some major shit going on in life, man - nobody can fault you for that.

Hope everything goes well with the court situation, hope the find the dickhole who took your truck, and hope work starts to chill out a bit. But until then - don't worry about us, we'll all be here when all of that has passed.

Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Maybe what you need is a day to day A to B to A Cobalt. Nobody would steal that.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Good to know you're still alive.

Sent from the sexy electrician

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
As great of a place as it is here, many things are much more important. Sorry to hear about all the negative stuff going on, and congrats on having your son full time now! It seems as though you have a lot of other stuff to worry about other than people's awards on a website lol. Idk if it's possible, but maybe get someone else a little more power to help you with some of the work load here.

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry to hear about the bad luck lately... but congrats on getting full custody of your son that is great!

I hope you're able to get the truck issue resolved, I can't even imagine going back to my car and it being gone. Good luck with everything!
Thanks. Yeah coming to where your vehicle is and it not being there is one of the worst feelings ever. Good part tho, I've already been approved to get a newer truck, just saving for that down payment now.

just take it one day at a time and things will get better, i would invest in a club for the next vehicle or even a removable steering wheel though!

glad to just have dedicated staff!
I'm getting a security camera that is linked to my computer. I have contacts and guns... Capice? Lol

Yay! He's back. Sry about all the bad things that have happened lately in your life. I hope things get better. Don't worry we have been holding down the fort in your absence :)
Yes and that's why I'm happy with the staff here. They keep things under control.

I don't see anything as neglect - you got some major shit going on in life, man - nobody can fault you for that.

Hope everything goes well with the court situation, hope the find the dickhole who took your truck, and hope work starts to chill out a bit. But until then - don't worry about us, we'll all be here when all of that has passed.

Thanks for keeping us in the loop!
I hope I find the duck head first lol.

Maybe what you need is a day to day A to B to A Cobalt. Nobody would steal that.
Thought About it.

Haha get an ss!!!!
Thought about this too.

Definitely need another cobalt! Get an 09 LNF sedan, you are a father after all, a coup probably isn't that practical.....
Definitely crossed my mind.

Good to know you're still alive.

Sent from the sexy electrician
Barely but I'm here lol.

As great of a place as it is here, many things are much more important. Sorry to hear about all the negative stuff going on, and congrats on having your son full time now! It seems as though you have a lot of other stuff to worry about other than people's awards on a website lol. Idk if it's possible, but maybe get someone else a little more power to help you with some of the work load here.
Only way to give awards is being an admin sadly, just the way the program was designed. And I can't promote to admins, only autoguide can.

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
After you find this "duck head" what are you gonna do with it exactly haha
Imma go Elmur Fudd on their ass and mount it on my wall lol.

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
Imma go Elmur Fudd on their ass and mount it on my wall lol.
I know this is an exaggeration, but if you do something rash like that, the court may not see you as a stable parental figure. Karma will pay your thief back 10 fold.

Glad to have you back, but as Swanman said, you gotta prioritize. Family first, then survival, then us.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
eh..... karma probably even things out eventually but it just takes too long!

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

and yeah, just for the record, mounting someones ass on your wall is usually a red flag.....

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It all depends on how you mount them honestly

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Depends on how you mount it lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status