Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just knew something would go wrong....
sure enough, I couldnt get a lug nut off of the 2nd wheel I was doing....
fcker is on there waaaay too tight.
All I have is a 4 way...no power tools.. :(

anyways, here are pics of my fail....also, I probably have a broken back again.

This stuff is a btch if youre trying to be precise.

LOOKS GOOD HERE!!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
i dont think it looks too terribly bad, next time use a razor blade to cut between where the tape meets the paint, but make sure you let it dry first tho or the razr blade will stretch the plastidip.

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i dont think it looks too terribly bad, next time use a razor blade to cut between where the tape meets the paint, but make sure you let it dry first tho or the razr blade will stretch the plastidip.
Next time, I am either spray painting it, or getting it professionally done.
Im done with the plasti dip for now.

(pissed) lol

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hah yah, plastidip sucks if you have to tape the part off, but i used the stuff on my a pillars and its mint.

could always go the vinyl route
Tried the vinyl, not happening...
yeah plastidip is better for things you dont have to mask off and be precise.
it comes out better when you do the whole wheel.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
honestly the damage doesnt look that bad, take a razor and CAREFULLY even the edges out, trust me i ****ed up my old set of rims painting them but i got it fixed, theres always a solution bro :)

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
honestly the damage doesnt look that bad, take a razor and CAREFULLY even the edges out, trust me i ****ed up my old set of rims painting them but i got it fixed, theres always a solution bro :)
Im thinking once I get these lug nuts loosened so I can get them off, Im just going to spray paint all of em...what do yall think?

·
Registered
870 Posts
You did a great for job for doing this first time Garrett. The rattle can should be no problem after trying the plati-dip. It didn't work out as planned, but this was good practice for you lol.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
You do not need power tools to get that lugnut off. find a lenght of strong hollow pip and slide that over the end of the 4 way and use that for leverage. Have done it before, may have to stand on it though. But be prepared to buy and install a new stud, sounds like it got way overtorqued.

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You do not need power tools to get that lugnut off. find a lenght of strong hollow pip and slide that over the end of the 4 way and use that for leverage. Have done it before, may have to stand on it though. But be prepared to buy and install a new stud, sounds like it got way overtorqued.
Yeah, and im no weakling either...im a meat head. lol

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

You did a great for job for doing this first time Garrett. The rattle can should be no problem after trying the plati-dip. It didn't work out as planned, but this was good practice for you lol.
thanks man. maybe its a good thing i didnt do all 4 wheels anyways. maybe one is all i needed to decide what I was going to do.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
:blink: all I have is a 4way as well...

did you stick a pipe on the other end and use leverage?

btw those rims look *****in!

stupid spell thing blocked out the work for a female dog.....

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.