Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright so last week i was in an accident, not too much damage but they cracked the fiberglass in my trunk, so i am putting a whole new stereo in, and decided to redo the interior at the same time too with the insurance money, here r some pics of the car damage and now completely gutted...
i am selling all of the old stereo, and ill make a page soon with prices, i plan on putting a pair of rockford fosgate t2' 15" in, a planet audio 5000.1 amp, 3 sets of planet audio loudspeakers, 2 planet audio 150.4 channel amps, a pioneer gps deck, a 300 amp custom build alternator, 2 giant ass shirikan batterys, and a bunch of little fun things, ill post pics as the build continues :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, and yea people from Pittsburgh seem to multiply on here lol, i work at a local shop doing audio installs so im gonna do this to show off a little bit, i think i will be the first person to put over 3000 watts rms in a cobalt :)

·
Registered
575 Posts
take advantage of the whole situation and sound dampening the hell out of your car, I did all my trunk and part of the ceiling and can tell you the difference it's tremendous!!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea im doing that, thats the main reason everything is out of the car at one time,im doing the whole car this time not just small spots that sound bad and the rear shelf, im gonna do everything i can put it on :)

·
Registered
575 Posts
yea im doing that, thats the main reason everything is out of the car at one time,im doing the whole car this time not just small spots that sound bad and the rear shelf, im gonna do everything i can put it on :)
did you look at the cheap crap two pieces of dampening material the car comes with on the roof and doors panels hehe damn GM are cheap bastards!!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol i love it, atleast they did the floor of the car with good stuff under the 2 front seats wish they would have done that under the rear seat too tho

·
Registered
575 Posts
im bored, and it needed fixed so why not fix it better :)
yeah being bored it's my main motivation to mess with my car:push: some friends and including wife make fun of me all the time for taking my car apart:suspicious: but it's fun and you it's always to improve something I believe it's worth it

·
Registered
575 Posts
so now the question is, how long is this gonna take lol im hoping for 3 weeks...
if you have the right skills and dedicated about the project, and make sure keeping all screws and parts away properly that's going to be plenty of time, the main reason takes me more time than expected to finish my projects it's because I'm no careful with the things I take apart..:worried:

---------- Post added at 07:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

make an interior that wont rattle. lol.
believe or not dampening the whole thing might stop or improve amazingly the horrible rattling that our cars makes... so really interested in this thread:amuse:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
oh yea i know how much it helps, i have seen suv's with 15's in that just put sound matting in and get an extra 5db, and no more rattleing, its awsome, i am gonna take my time and do everything right, no matter how long it takes and how many 4 am nites i have, im at 2 already lol, as long as its done by the big raystown meet ill be happy

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
amazing. Don't forget to take pics of the sound dampening install progress as well, I am going to do my whole ride later this summer as well. I love installing custom audio!! lol. You should def. snap as many pics as possible, love seeing these things! i'll do the same for my custom build...but i've only got 1550RMS for my subs (already have) and about 600RMS for the door/rear speakers and amp (coming soon)...so like half your build I guess.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Sound deadening material like Dynamat is not hard to install, esp under carpet of under door panels as it does nto have to be 100 percent perfect. Now any taht will be exposed, not that does have to be perfect. I did my trunk and the doors on my Ram, if it was showing it would look not so good but its covered so no loss, and sound people wanted 300 to install the stuff in the trunk of the Cobalt, while installing the amp.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Sound deadening material like Dynamat is not hard to install, esp under carpet of under door panels as it does nto have to be 100 percent perfect. Now any taht will be exposed, not that does have to be perfect. I did my trunk and the doors on my Ram, if it was showing it would look not so good but its covered so no loss, and sound people wanted 300 to install the stuff in the trunk of the Cobalt, while installing the amp.
300 bucks just to install the dampening!!!!!! WTF????? I ordered something way cheaper than fatmat o dynamat and installed myself I think looks good enough on my trunk

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.